• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collecting goals for 2010

137 posts in this topic

Complete an entire Bone run starting from scratch!

Buy 1 silver age Marvel key. X-men #1 maybe...ASM #1. Not sure yet.

Also, I would really like to help my girlfriend hunt down the books and toys she wants to add to her collection. I enjoy it as much as she does when we find something at a convention or LCS.

2010!! Crazy! I'm still waiting for flying cars!

1. Make decent progress on my ASM run. Down to just 11, 9, 8, 5, 3, 2, 1, annual 1, and AF15, and some keys that I would like to upgrade.

2. Find a few WW with great covers from issues 80-110.

3. Find at least one really good deal on a GA book.

Find a freakin' job so I can actually buy comics books again. :cry:

That is exactly my problem as well!!! Been interviewing like mad! It's funny these damn temp agencies promise a lot of stuff and don't deliver. I've found more on my own. Crossing my fingers to get an offer from a toxicology company taking care of their collection of primates (I have an animal husbandry background). Hopefully Monday is the big day.

Once I get situated and start saving again, I can definitely treat myself to the books i've wanted!

I would love to add a couple more Marvel SA major keys. I have Avengers #1, DD #1, TOS #39, FF #1, TTA #35. Looking for a Hulk #1 next and then in no particular order TTA #27, X-Men #1 and JIM #83 then AF #15 and Spidey #1.

But moreover is my quest to complete runs of the major Nedor titles. Overall I am appr. 65% of the way there.

America's Best Comics is finished.

Black Terror 66% complete.

Exciting Comics 35% complete.

Fighting Yank 76% complete.

Startling Comics 40% complete.

Thrilling Comics 47% complete.

Wonder Comics 85% complete.

Have some tough ones already but still need Exciting #9 and Startling #49. Would like to get both of those next year.

I would love to add a couple more Marvel SA major keys. I have Avengers #1, DD #1, TOS #39, FF #1, TTA #35. Looking for a Hulk #1 next and then in no particular order TTA #27, X-Men #1 and JIM #83 then AF #15 and Spidey #1.

But moreover is my quest to complete runs of the major Nedor titles. Overall I am appr. 65% of the way there.

America's Best Comics is finished.

Black Terror 66% complete.

Exciting Comics 35% complete.

Fighting Yank 76% complete.

Startling Comics 40% complete.

Thrilling Comics 47% complete.

Wonder Comics 85% complete.

Have some tough ones already but still need Exciting #9 and Startling #49. Would like to get both of those next year.

Man that is impressive (worship)

lol I'm off to a bad start on my 2010 goals. My LCS got in a killer GA collection recently and I purchased this today:

Planet21.jpg

Saw it when you posted in the GA forum. I so wish I lived closer to A1 :pullhair:

Great pick-up (thumbs u Would love to go after a Planet run but the average issue is too much $$ per (wish someone would reprint the run ...) for my taste and budget.

My comic collecting goals for 2010 are:

1) Finish paying off a board member for my AF #15

2) Sell at least half of my thousands of duplicate issues (working on it now)

3) Put a big dent in my complete ASM slab collection (about 1/3 of the way there, need to submit more of my own than buying slabs from everyone else).

4) Have a bunch of my key, #1 issue and higher value issues slabbed

5) Finish off a few Marvel and DC runs