• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finally bought amaz spiderman#202 cgc 9.8

18 posts in this topic

it seemed like it took forever to find one but finally got a cgc 9.8 white page for $206( i will probably look back and say what was i thinking). there are only 10 cgc 9.8s out of around 200 slabbed and compared to other copper spideys that is pretty low,but most important i needed it for my run. now if i can only find #332 in 9.8 hm

lol are you kidding me kick yourself 4 paying 200 bucks for an ASM CGC 9.8?

i paid around $350 and sold mine pre economy issues for a whopping 800USD or so about a year before the economy went downhill. I?m just starting to collect again and would pay about 200 to 250 still 4 that issue. i had all ASM from 200 to 300 in cgc 9.8 and 9 cgc 9.9s i I just bumped some test threads of some scans to archive them. wish i never woulda sold em all lol.

congrats on your find though friend that was a hard find. only 1 i didnt have was 230 cgc 9.8 and i have it now lol. ive completed the run in 9.8 and 9.9 but am pushing to do it again.

i remember in in the early days trying to put the 9.8 spidey copper run together and just paying insane prices for ones now that can be had for $30-$60 bucks. the #202,216,230 were always the toughest ones to find and except for #202 the other ones have a good number of 9.8s now maybe because of all this pressing. i held off on 202 thinking eventually there would be a lot of 9.8s but its just not happening probably because of the black back cover.

i remember i had the only cgc 9.8 of #208 for 2-3 years and when i got back into comics and looked on the census there was 20 plus copies in 9.8s. i forgot about #220 with moon knight that was a tough one to find. now if i can just find #332 :wishluck:

It's not present on all of them...just like it's not present on all copies of #317.

But....having had perhaps 500+ copies of #317 pass through my hands at one point or another, it's on almost all of them...#332, I'd have to check, but I'm willing to bet that's also the case. I don't know, because I haven't looked that closely, but it's a bet I'm willing to take.

It's almost as ubiquitous as the printer's crease on Direct Market copies of Cap #241.

500 copies of 317? Why?

It's just one of those books that I've sought out over the years. I have 20-30 copies of it, and it's a book I've looked at whenever I go to cons, just like the rest of the McFarlane Spidermans. At Wizard World LA 2007, I bought 10 or so copies from a stack of 30 that Armbo Comics had. And that was just one dealer at one con.

I own probably 100 Batman #429s, along with 50-60 #426-428, and have easily had 1,000 copies of all four pass through my hands at some point.

How many millions of comics have I physically had my hands/fingers on? No clue, but the number is definitely in the millions, quarter box diver that I am.