• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Public Praise to "House of Comics" for providing my grail

16 posts in this topic

A public THANK YOU to "House of Comics" for providing the last issue I needed for the CGC registry. There are more varities of different Kite Fun Books, but those aren't in the Registry until the first copy is graded.

This one had a spot. There was a blank spot on my wall waiting for it for years. It has now returned from CGC:

4151807405_cd15f0f42a_o.jpg

Fun story about this particular copy. There was a famous bookstore in San Francisco (at the edge of the tenderloin but close to downtown) that had an immense amount of books and magazines. The kind of place where they toss piles of sports illustrated and time and life everywhere, you can barely move around. And the place was huge. Anyway, my friend became friendly with them and they let him into the basement and down there he found this item, the only comic there amid all the books and magazines.

A public THANK YOU to "House of Comics" for providing the last issue I needed for the CGC registry. There are more varities of different Kite Fun Books, but those aren't in the Registry until the first copy is graded.

This one had a spot. There was a blank spot on my wall waiting for it for years. It has now returned from CGC:

Hey, that's great! Nothing like finishing a long-time quest. Congrats! :applause:

Now that's a weird coincidence. The only other copy of this I've ever seen was one that I bought from a bookstore in Michigan mebbe 20 years ago.

Sold it at the first show I took it to, the buyer was just as ecstatic as you!

Must be a legitimately scarce book

And the yarn is still there

This is/was actually a standard practice in some archives. If the staples are even looking a bit rusty, out they come to be replaced by stitching.

An archivist friend of my wife recalls doing this for some items that came into the National Library down here! In their context it makes sense - no PLOD to worry about, just making sure that the item is still useable years from now.

And congrats on getting the book - I love it when a run comes together. (thumbs u

Why didnt you tell me you wanted one of those? (shrug)

I could have sold my undercopy. Its a raw 7.5 doh!

:jokealert:

Seriously, congrats!!