• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Multiple cover books

47 posts in this topic

I am currently looking for books that have been mistakenly manufactured with two or more covers. I will buy them either graded or ungraded. I prefer VF or higher, but will consider other grades as well. If anyone could help me out, I would be super grateful.

I check on eBay all the time, but the prices can be quite high for certain books. I am really not willing to pay multiples of guide for just something that is not that popular right now. sorry.gif

Thanks in advance!

Chuck

I used to have several...Batman #31, National #37, Captain Marvel Adventures #50. Eventually, I became more interested in Action and Nedor war covers, and sold or traded my double covers.

Of course, the fun part of multiple covers is looking inside at that interior cover that's never seen the light of day, so to really enjoy them you have to keep the books raw.

I check on eBay all the time, but the prices can be quite high for certain books. I am really not willing to pay multiples of guide for just something that is not that popular right now.

So, not to be facetious, but why should anyone sell you his multiple-cover book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

By the way...does anyone actively collect these besides me? I would like to hear any one who has thoughts on these oddities. grin.gif

I purchase them once in a while and love having them in raw form. thumbsup2.gif

Gotta Brave & Bold #99 double cover that's going on ebay next week. Both covers nm, but of course the inner cover has slightly better colors. PM me if interested. I'd post a pick but I still haven't figured out how to make the #*$&*#&$ pics small enough to post.

Double cover books have a small, but VERY deep pocketed collector base. I probably have 100 or so, lots of "trash" books, but I'm not going to sell them for nothing. I also have some weird printing error books, if you're interested in those as well.

Double cover books have a small, but VERY deep pocketed collector base. I probably have 100 or so, lots of "trash" books, but I'm not going to sell them for nothing. I also have some weird printing error books, if you're interested in those as well.

So are you saying you're a VERY deep pocketed collector? The Donut empire must be doing quite well.....893scratchchin-thumb.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

i have about 6 9.8s that are double covers the oldest one i think i have is a thor from 1973 that is cgc 9.8 9.4.the only one i have ever found myself was archie but it was only in g-vg.i would love to get some high grade 3 or 4 cover comics cloud9.gif

So, not to be facetious, but why should anyone sell you his multiple-cover book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Although I would prefer not to spend that much on these oddities which are somewhat a secondary interest in my collection...I will still consider paying up to 2x guide for a nice double/triple/quadruple/quintuple/etc cover book. Of course, I would be willing to pay a higher multiple for books that have more covers, are higher in grade (which command a higher than guide price anyways), or issues that are keys.

I am currently a full-time college student with a full-time job with part-time wages, so I have to be a little more particular with what I can buy. grin.gif Right now, I would just like to see what people have to offer so I know what I can juggle around with. juggle.gif

I only have one, but it's a pretty one grin.gif

One of my favorite covers of all time and on most people's best Bronze Covers list....

The outer cover isn't that hot, but the inner cover is a nice NM-...

Shame to only show you the outer cover, but I'm not folding this book open over a scanner 893whatthe.gif

conan.jpg

I only have one, but it's a pretty one grin.gif

One of my favorite covers of all time and on most people's best Bronze Covers list....

The outer cover isn't that hot, but the inner cover is a nice NM-...

Shame to only show you the outer cover, but I'm not folding this book open over a scanner 893whatthe.gif

conan.jpg

smile.gif