• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC announces Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne

66 posts in this topic

Set to hit April 2010. 6 part mini series by Grant Morrison! I honestly think they are movie WAYY too fast trying to bring bruce back. They got a good thing going with as batman right now... They should at least move it back a couple months. But nonetheless im exited!

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2009/12/09/dcu-in-2010-the-return-of-bruce-wayne-hits-in-april/

I really wish Grant Morrison would just *spoon* off. Batman epic? It's a bloody shambles. Judd Winnick has rescued the Bat title and it doesn't need Morrison screwing it up again.

More mini-series, more one-in-a-billion sketch covers.

Get Batman back to Batman and Tec and leave well alone.

I gotta agree with Boozad. I've been reading Batman for the better part of the last 5+ years, and while Grant Morrison has had some solid Bat stories, Bruce's Death and the time surrounding Final Crisis is a mess. I saw the preview on Newsarama and it looks like Bruce is the Batman throughout time? Looks more like an ElseWorlds Grant Morrison story rather than the return of Bruce Wayne

I enjoyed his work on Batman R.I.P. and his batman and son run. But his black glove run was kinda iffy. Batman was caught up on grants Crisis world which hindered the story. But he made it up with his current work on Batman & Robin. I actually enjoy morrison.

I gotta agree with Boozad. I've been reading Batman for the better part of the last 5+ years, and while Grant Morrison has had some solid Bat stories, Bruce's Death and the time surrounding Final Crisis is a mess. I saw the preview on Newsarama and it looks like Bruce is the Batman throughout time? Looks more like an ElseWorlds Grant Morrison story rather than the return of Bruce Wayne

They will probably make all the else-worlds Batman stories we have already read part of Bruce Wayne's Omega effect trip thought time

Batman and Spidey are 2 titles that if written and drawn right would remain a popular top selling comic. Instead they try and do stupid event story lines to try and sell other garbage comics by tying them into the Batman titles. Marvel almost ruined Spidey and Batman is on the way to ruining Batman. Get back to solid writing and illustrated comics using the great characters that already exists and everything will be fine.

Judd Winnick has rescued the Bat title...

That is a quote I thought I would never hear.

Yeah I didn't rate him when he was on the book before, but when I read #687 I was pleasantly surprised. It was a great story, just a shame they couldn't keep Ed Benes as his art really made the book.

I'm thinking that Bats and Cap hooked up for gay love in the 1800's while lost in time and one of them gave birth to Wolverine.

They might be genetically predisposed to be open to the possibility of same-sex attraction but only act upon it due to the disorientation common with temporal dislocation plus the pathological fear instilled in both from the commonality of every female they form a sexual relationship with being either killed or the daughter of an arch villain they can never fully trust. Both have multiple past incidents of training pre-adolescent and adolescent boys as platonic surrogates, displaying a clear desire to have a "partner" that can take care of itself without being killed or tied to a train-track by a lunatic who resembles a grinning skull.

It actually may not be an example of homosexuality as much as a case of extreme narcissism resulting in offspring that is nigh impossible to kill and physically reflects the parents' repressed disgust with the heroic lifestyle they find themselves unable to escape.

Before you think that these two characters being gay is implausible, consider the butt-screwing each has taken from their respective companies the last few years.

In other words it's really Joe Q. and Dan D. subconsciously begging each other for a date.

I haven't read a single Tec with Batwoman in it yet, it just doesn't appeal to me. I've heard it's a great run, and I'll probably hit them all in one go when Bats gets back.