• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hex

30 posts in this topic

I think the character will be completely unknown to most, and they won't associate the film with comics. It was different, for example, when the first Batman film came out because everyone knew he came from comics.

I do think that a few million people knowing about a character that they have never heard of before may have more of an impact than people think.

Much less than you would think. I'd be glad to start listing all of the comic book movies that DIDN'T increase the value of the books they were drawn from, but I don't want to inflict myself with carpal tunnel.

It might make a small increase in the prices but I doubt it will make much of a difference. I would think that the biggest price change and demand from the movie has already happened. I don't see the movie turning people onto the comics.

I agree that there are not a lot of Hex collectors out there. People don't know what they are missing especially the WWT run, fantastic stuff.

I do think that a few million people knowing about a character that they have never heard of before may have more of an impact than people think.

Much less than you would think. I'd be glad to start listing all of the comic book movies that DIDN'T increase the value of the books they were drawn from, but I don't want to inflict myself with carpal tunnel.

I disagree. I sold a lot of Hex at the last Boston show at $0.50-$4 each. The difference the movie makes is between them sitting and them selling. To me the percentage increase in price is infinity. :baiting:

it has already helped ASW 10 and JH 1. I think it will still up some interest in the other ASW issues and JH 2 - 20 or so. We're not talking about real money, but a few bucks for books that didn't sell before isn't bad. Basically, creating a market where there was barely one. Ghost Rider made all those previously worthless books in the run $2 - $5 material, depending on the condition, isue, etc. and I got some real money for Spotlights 7 and up (one would assume you could for 5 and 6) I guess that died down, but I sold 20-25 copies of GRs from the 20s to the 70s for that $2 - $5 range each (sometimes in lots).

What I want to know is, isn't "skyrocket" a tad redundant...?

Consider...they're talking up something going UP in value, right?

Maybe it's to differentiate between "sky" and "pocket"....that could be it.

"These things are gonna POCKETROCKET IN VALUE!!!"

hm

You know, I may have stumbled on to something....

What I want to know is, isn't "skyrocket" a tad redundant...?

Consider...they're talking up something going UP in value, right?

Maybe it's to differentiate between "sky" and "pocket"....that could be it.

"These things are gonna POCKETROCKET IN VALUE!!!"

hm

You know, I may have stumbled on to something....

You're a fascinating man, RMA.