• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen AS #10 CGC NM- 9.2

128 posts in this topic

Clearly J&S did not do anything wrong in this. I own a retail shop, and spot shenanigans like this, but not as much as the local comic shops.

I'm just curious if any boardies live around this address:

Jack Redden

19 Sheri Lane (Scheri is the correct spelling)

Eatontown, NJ 07724

Go there, n' kick sum arse for Bob.

Again, I live in Boston now, but I lived in Eatontown from grade school through high school. My mother now lives in Avon-by-the-sea, which is the next town up from Bradley Beach.

Next time I am in the area I will make a visit to these two addresses with a camera.

19 Scheri lane cames up as the address of a T-shirt store - 2 cool, Inc - next to the Monmouth mall. I think you should call and have a talk with the manager, Bob.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=scheri+lane,+eatontown,+nj&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.23349,56.162109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Scheri+Ln,+Eatontown,+Monmouth,+New+Jersey+07724&ll=40.285779,-74.052551&spn=0.007333,0.013711&t=h&z=16

I know the area this is in is a residential neighborhood. Hmmm.

Edit: actually, it looks like a trailer park in front of the residential neighborhood I am familiar with. I think that Google is all screwed up around the mall, so it's likely not the address of the t-shirt shop.

OK mapquest is not screwed up around the mall.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Eatontown&state=NJ&address=19+Scheri+Ln&zipcode=07724-2117&country=US&latitude=40.284608&longitude=-74.052254&geocode=ADDRESS

Just so people know

Basically the thieves are using the name of the people whose card numbers they have and having the books go to the 19 Scheri Lane, Eatontown, NJ 07724 address. They do not have the physical card in hand so I'm suspecting they've gotten the numbers somehow.

If any other retailers are reading this I would also be concerned about the following address where I've gotten the same "type of overnight order"

510 Ocean Ave #9

Bradley Beach, NJ 07720

Very close by.

My web guy and I ran some queries and it seems I have this address with two different names pointing to the Ocean Avenue address.

All four of the accounts with these two addresses are using 732 phone numbers by the way. Too coincidental if you ask me.

Bob

This whole thing does suckkkk Bob. Just an fyi that Eatontown and Bradley Beach are only 15 minutes from each other AND just coincidentally, Red Bank (where JS stems from) is about 10 minutes north of Eatontown...plus he does have his only "store" front in Eatontown. Also the 732 area code is normal for that Monmouth County area.

Good luck getting them back....

Steve

This address is RIGHT on the ocean in this multi unit building (or the one next door) can't tell.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=510+Ocean+Ave,+Bradley+Beach,+Monmouth,+New+Jersey+07720&sll=40.203215,-74.011266&sspn=0.007342,0.013711&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=510+Ocean+Ave,+Bradley+Beach,+Monmouth,+New+Jersey+07720&ll=40.20109,-74.007404&spn=0,359.998286&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=40.201177,-74.007377&panoid=H-xD3c2wQx7PU9TkDo05aA&cbp=12,281.39,,0,3

No one lives in these things year round - they are incredibly expensive in the summer. They are usually rented out by the month in the off-season and then rented for the summer at a much higher rate.

Hmmmm if my memory serves me correctly, isn't this the same area where the books that were stolen from UPS that later showed up on Robojo's account from?
funny, I was just wondering if there was any relation, but yes, same area hm
Interesting hm

Yes, very interesting hm

monstro-scratch.gif

Just so people know

Basically the thieves are using the name of the people whose card numbers they have and having the books go to the 19 Scheri Lane, Eatontown, NJ 07724 address. They do not have the physical card in hand so I'm suspecting they've gotten the numbers somehow.

If any other retailers are reading this I would also be concerned about the following address where I've gotten the same "type of overnight order"

510 Ocean Ave #9

Bradley Beach, NJ 07720

Very close by.

My web guy and I ran some queries and it seems I have this address with two different names pointing to the Ocean Avenue address.

All four of the accounts with these two addresses are using 732 phone numbers by the way. Too coincidental if you ask me.

Bob

Bob, it's now looking like you may have been hit for as many as four orders. Were these other two orders also recent (within the last 4 weeks) like the first two? If that is the case, then it seems likely to me that these crooks may have only just started their scam recently and may have racked up orders with other dealers who are not yet aware of the problems as the credit card holders themselves are not yet aware of the fraud.

I assume you've checked with J&S to see if they've bought or been offered the books from these other orders? If they haven't, have you checked yet with any other stores in the area? Does J&S know if they might have bought other books from the same seller?

These same crooks could very well still be buying from other dealers with the stolen credit cards and/or other dealers may have sold them books, but just haven't learned of the stolen cards yet. Is there a good way to get the word out on a large scale basis? Would renaming this thread or starting a new one labeled "Warning, fraudulent buyers in NJ area" be a start.

Speed may be of the essence in preventing future losses and I know from my CBG days that the more evidence you have and the more widespread the losses the more likely local law enforcement is to get involved. We always had lots of difficulty getting local LE to take action, but with blatant credit card fraud I'd expect you to have better luck.

My spidey sense tells me that there is enough minds at work here that this is being played out for more then what has already transpired.

Good luck Boys

:whistle:

I am sure this is somehow connected to the Kennedy assasination

Most likely, Look at what happened on 9/11/2001 when Al'Qaeqa found out CGC books were being pressed and resubmitted for higher grades...