• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen AS #10 CGC NM- 9.2

128 posts in this topic

J&S could not have listed these books at the same time, they did not receive the AS 10 until after they sold the AS 4.

I'll let Bob do the talking but there is no reason to think J&S has been anything but above board in this. They are a victim of this crook the same as Bob is.

I worked in CBG advertising dept for 6 years and I don't recall ever getting any complaints or disputes involving J&S and they sold heavy volume through CBG back in the day.

I do not believe they would EVER knowingly sell a stolen book.

***reading through this thread again I realized I misread Bob's meaning in one post, so I edited this post for accuracy--jd

J&S, if they have any way to contact the thief that sold them the book (perhaps they called the store first and their number is on their caller ID) , should call up the thief and say "Hi - you just sold us a comic book and we realized this is a rare variant of the issue...and only two exist. Where did you get this? Anyway, it's worth about 10,000 and we feel guilty because paid you far less than it is worth. If you come back in, we will give you an additional $5,000 and if you find any more books, please consider us. This book is awesome!" Then have the police waiting when they show up...

J&S, if they have any way to contact the thief that sold them the book (perhaps they called the store first and their number is on their caller ID) , should call up the thief and say "Hi - you just sold us a comic book and we realized this is a rare variant of the issue...and only two exist. Where did you get this? Anyway, it's worth about 10,000 and we feel guilty because paid you far less than it is worth. If you come back in, we will give you an additional $5,000 and if you find any more books, please consider us. This book is awesome!" Then have the police waiting when they show up...

Thats an awesome plan (thumbs u

Oh except the part where it fails.

Oh except the part where it fails.

I didnt want to give him a complex,so I thought to make him feel good about himself I'll agree with him :insane:

Oh joy, I did go on ebay and forgot to do completed auctions.

If anybody knows me I'm not a HAPPY camper right now.

Thank you again, you guys/gals are awesome.

Bob

So J&S pulls one slab they bought from the guy when you tell them it was stolen, but go ahead and keep all the other stuff they bought from him listed. And don't mention that to you.

Yeah, they are real stand up guys.

It's only a guess, but with it being such a densely populated area, they may not remember one seller from the next. Than again...how many other stolen books have they sold?

I think we all know that you would remember buying books like this. Because books like this most likely don't come walking in every day and I assume they offered them some relatively low offer. When the seller accepts an offer like that anyone with a pulse would at least wonder. I'm just glad that J@S didn't crack the books and re-sub or resell because then ya got a whole other story.

Clearly J&S did not do anything wrong in this. I own a retail shop, and spot shenanigans like this, but not as much as the local comic shops.

I'm just curious if any boardies live around this address:

Jack Redden

19 Sheri Lane (Scheri is the correct spelling)

Eatontown, NJ 07724

Go there, n' kick sum arse for Bob.

Just so people know

Basically the thieves are using the name of the people whose card numbers they have and having the books go to the 19 Scheri Lane, Eatontown, NJ 07724 address. They do not have the physical card in hand so I'm suspecting they've gotten the numbers somehow.

If any other retailers are reading this I would also be concerned about the following address where I've gotten the same "type of overnight order"

510 Ocean Ave #9

Bradley Beach, NJ 07720

Very close by.

My web guy and I ran some queries and it seems I have this address with two different names pointing to the Ocean Avenue address.

All four of the accounts with these two addresses are using 732 phone numbers by the way. Too coincidental if you ask me.

Bob

If they're stealing ID's to purchase the books, they could be stealing ID's to receive them. I would proceed delicately....don't want to spook them. You may be able to involve the police to trap them when they actually make the next pick up. Involving the postal inspectors may also help, as this mail fraud will DEFINITELY take it to the Federal level. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hmmmm if my memory serves me correctly, isn't this the same area where the books that were stolen from UPS that later showed up on Robojo's account from?
funny, I was just wondering if there was any relation, but yes, same area hm

Just so people know

Basically the thieves are using the name of the people whose card numbers they have and having the books go to the 19 Scheri Lane, Eatontown, NJ 07724 address. They do not have the physical card in hand so I'm suspecting they've gotten the numbers somehow.

If any other retailers are reading this I would also be concerned about the following address where I've gotten the same "type of overnight order"

510 Ocean Ave #9

Bradley Beach, NJ 07720

Very close by.

My web guy and I ran some queries and it seems I have this address with two different names pointing to the Ocean Avenue address.

All four of the accounts with these two addresses are using 732 phone numbers by the way. Too coincidental if you ask me.

Bob

This whole thing does suckkkk Bob. Just an fyi that Eatontown and Bradley Beach are only 15 minutes from each other AND just coincidentally, Red Bank (where JS stems from) is about 10 minutes north of Eatontown...plus he does have his only "store" front in Eatontown. Also the 732 area code is normal for that Monmouth County area.

Good luck getting them back....

Steve

Clearly J&S did not do anything wrong in this. I own a retail shop, and spot shenanigans like this, but not as much as the local comic shops.

I'm just curious if any boardies live around this address:

Jack Redden

19 Sheri Lane (Scheri is the correct spelling)

Eatontown, NJ 07724

Go there, n' kick sum arse for Bob.

Again, I live in Boston now, but I lived in Eatontown from grade school through high school. My mother now lives in Avon-by-the-sea, which is the next town up from Bradley Beach.

Next time I am in the area I will make a visit to these two addresses with a camera.

19 Scheri lane cames up as the address of a T-shirt store - 2 cool, Inc - next to the Monmouth mall. I think you should call and have a talk with the manager, Bob.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=scheri+lane,+eatontown,+nj&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.23349,56.162109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Scheri+Ln,+Eatontown,+Monmouth,+New+Jersey+07724&ll=40.285779,-74.052551&spn=0.007333,0.013711&t=h&z=16

I know the area this is in is a residential neighborhood. Hmmm.

Edit: actually, it looks like a trailer park in front of the residential neighborhood I am familiar with. I think that Google is all screwed up around the mall, so it's likely not the address of the t-shirt shop.

Hmmmm if my memory serves me correctly, isn't this the same area where the books that were stolen from UPS that later showed up on Robojo's account from?
funny, I was just wondering if there was any relation, but yes, same area hm
Interesting hm

Yes, very interesting hm