• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my ASM 32

9 posts in this topic

I would also say 7.5 except.

At the edge of the circle with Aunt May's picture, there is a long tear / crease and I don't know if that is part of the printing process (which CGC would not downgrade for) or happened after manufacturing. If CGC determines its not part of the manufacturing process than the book is FN at best.

Which leads me to this question.

I have seen this type of crease / tear before and is it part of the manufacturing process? Anyone know?

I would also say 7.5 except.

At the edge of the circle with Aunt May's picture, there is a long tear / crease

I have seen this type of crease / tear before and is it part of the manufacturing process? Anyone know?

I'd go FN/VF 7.0, due to the significant creasing in the 'price box' in ULC and accumulation of other, less signficant, defects/wear... I think the crease you spotted extending into the center of the book from the circle around Aunt May is a production crease, and in that case CGC won't deduct for it.

I'd go FN/VF 7.0, due to the significant creasing in the 'price box' in ULC and accumulation of other, less signficant, defects/wear... I think the crease you spotted extending into the center of the book from the circle around Aunt May is a production crease, and in that case CGC won't deduct for it.

I do believe you are correct that it is a production crease (as I have seen this type of crease before).

But it is definitely different than the normal production crease (which seem to be straighter), where this is very jagged.