• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best way to sell/trade about 6 long boxes of random BA/CA?

50 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so over the last 5 years or so, through my digging in long boxes at shows, shops, etc, I've amassed about 6 long boxes of various BA/CA books. They're mostly all books i picked out, so there is some decent stuff in there. You could really start a shop with what I have. I would like to go to a dealer and trade for a single or maybe a couple of books, but feel like he's going to low-ball me. Not to mention the prices on his books are sky high so I wouldn't be getting a great deal on that end either.

I would say the distribution is:

50% BA

30% CA

20% SA and MA

By the way, the books are in Syracuse, NY if there are any locals that would be interested.

How would you guys go about selling/trading this stuff? What should I expect for them?

That's the general consensus? What can I expect/ask for? There are lots of books within that could sell for $5 - $10 apiece. I'd say the breakdown of values (that the books could actually sell for, not guide) is probably:

40% - $5 - $10

25% - $10+

25% - $1 - $3

10% - $1 or less/couldn't give away

Can I expect/ask $2 a book, average?

And BTW, there are probably about 1000 books

You can expect WAY less than $2 per book, that's for sure.

Just befor my son was born, I had to clear some space and traded literally over half my collection:

ComicBoxes.jpg

This was pretty much runs of everything Marvel and DC from the early 1990's to 2002 or so.

I offered them to my LCS and they accepted. All the above for:

ComicBoxes1.jpg

I was very happy for what I got actually. Tons of useless books gone for a couple of books I found cool.

Good luck!

Yepyep, what they said. Take any popular titles or issues and sell 'em here or on ebay, bulk the rest out for a dime apiece trade for something you really want, or 7 cents apiece cash.

Hmmm. really? Even with lots of books in there that guide at around $10-$15? God I just hate to let them go for so little, knowing how much time I spent digging for a lot of them especially! I may take them to this one local dealer, or post on craigslist. I just hate to have someone come here and really lowball me and have to tell them no. hm

Just for example, looking through there...

Batman 251 VG

Batman 190 G/VG

Lots of VG 12c Sgt Fury's

Some VG Green Lanterns from 30-60

lots of random f-vf BA

some random copper age

some random moderns

Let's just say, as an overall average, the books could be sold individually for $3 a piece. Not sure if that's accurate. Would I still expect less (maybe significantly less) than 50c a piece on the books?

So I looked them over.. it's actually 6 short boxes and 3 long boxes, full for the most part. I'm guesstimating 1500-1700 books. I guess I could go through and list some of the highlights? I mean don't get me wrong there is nothing earth-shattering in there but definitely some decent books. hm Sorry I'm rambling now. :whee:

So I looked them over.. it's actually 6 short boxes and 3 long boxes, full for the most part. I'm guesstimating 1500-1700 books. I guess I could go through and list some of the highlights? I mean don't get me wrong there is nothing earth-shattering in there but definitely some decent books. hm Sorry I'm rambling now. :whee:

i say post a nice long list of what you have.

i say post a nice long list of what you have.

i agree, and even though this place is full of bargains i don't think many here will offer less than the lcs will.

I say make the entire list, take a lot of pictures, and then post it on ebay as an auction and ship in the long boxes/short boxes via FedEX. Tape the lids down and they'll get to their destination. A no reserve auction with the link posted in the advertisement section here should get you as good or better deal than what the LCS would pay.

However, if you ABSOLUTELY do not want to mess with shipping, take them to your LCS tomorrow and take whatever he offers you. You'll be done with it in about twenty minutes and get less value.

Batman 251 VG

Batman 190 G/VG

lots of random f-vf BA

some random copper age

some random moderns

Let's just say, as an overall average, the books could be sold individually for $3 a piece. Not sure if that's accurate. Would I still expect less (maybe significantly less) than 50c a piece on the books?

PM me a list of the Green Lanterns, I'll probably take the lot.

Lets get this sale started !! :banana:

Batman 251 VG

Batman 190 G/VG

lots of random f-vf BA

some random copper age

some random moderns

Retail on those books above is probably $1 each, on average. Brutal world out there.

Hey guys, so over the last 5 years or so, through my digging in long boxes at shows, shops, etc, I've amassed about 6 long boxes of various BA/CA books. They're mostly all books i picked out, so there is some decent stuff in there. You could really start a shop with what I have. I would like to go to a dealer and trade for a single or maybe a couple of books, but feel like he's going to low-ball me. Not to mention the prices on his books are sky high so I wouldn't be getting a great deal on that end either.

I would say the distribution is:

50% BA

30% CA

20% SA and MA

By the way, the books are in Syracuse, NY if there are any locals that would be interested.

How would you guys go about selling/trading this stuff? What should I expect for them?

Not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone else, but

Why is it that the dealer's price is "sky high" and he is going to "low-ball" you? Sorry, but I take a little offense with the generalization that all dealers prices are high and they never offer anything for comics.

You have said that you think your books are 5-10 dollars each. A dealer has to take them, sort though them to figure out what he can hopefully get for them, then bag and tag the books. So he has to put forth a lot of effort into them to get them ready to sell. Then he has to lug the things around for quite a few shows to try to get his investment back all the while paying tables, hotels, and gas and food.

Then of course, not every book is going to sell. So he has to mark them down to 2.00 dollar boxes. Then after awhile, the rest of them get knocked down to 1.00 each.

Can you see where I'm coming from?