• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how about an original one owner JIM 83??

10 posts in this topic

so what do you think?? i bought this off the rack in the early summer of '62.

very sorry to see the moisture ripples (no stain) on the back cover when i opened the bag after 20 years. i hate it when that happens....... mad.gif

1074087842385_JIM_83_front.jpg

1077294284273_JIM_83_back.jpg

Great book. thumbsup2.gif

I'm not sure, but it looks like their is a long crease in the top right corner that doesn't break color. That might pull the book out of the 7.5-8.0.

That said, it quite possible that some of those creases can be pressed out (without taking the staples out) and therefore the book might get in the 8.0-8.5 range.

Great book. You can put it in a mylar, and pretend the ripple isn't even there.

Personally, I love when the major defect of a book is located on the back cover, particularly with an expensive book like this.

Burnt: Nice book! I'd say FN/VF 7.0 despite the water damage to the b/c. **Was the polybag in which this comic resided for two decades *sealed* or open? Do you have an explanation for the water damage, or was it just the result of small amt. of moisture trapped in a sealed bag over 20 years...?

i'm gonna guess that the moisture damage happened before i bagged my books.

before that, they spent years in a dresser drawer and i was in the army for three years (had two young nephews who visited frequently). pretty sure i didn't even look at the back covers 20 years ago.

also, interestingly, is the fact that the only comics which didn't survive well were my hulks 1-6 and most of the annuals. (damn nephews............)

i'm gonna guess that the moisture damage happened before i bagged my books.

also, interestingly, is the fact that the only comics which didn't survive well were my hulks 1-6 and most of the annuals. (damn nephews............)

Hey, be glad they didn't find (or care about?) the other books!!