• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How old were you when you started reading comics?

65 posts in this topic

Toys R Us also used to have comic book collecting kits by marvel. They came with custom marvel mylar-like sleeves, stickers, some books, and a cheapie guide. fun fun!
i had one. with the weird box that housed the little comic drawers. still got the price guide and "how to collect comics" phamplet that came with it :)

My first recollection was Beetle Bailey,Casper and Sgt. Rock. I was totally into war comics,maybe 6 or 7 years old.I think once I finish with my Amazing spidey run(17 left) I will start collecting Our Army at War and Sgt. Rock :headbang:

I was about 5 or 6 and loved that little black mouse with those big ears.

I guess that might have been one the reasons, that when my parents once left for 2 days and my granny was taking care of me and my little brother, I went to a pet-shop and got home with a mouse. Ohhhhhh....Speedy :cloud9:

That was around 1991

Wow,you must be a quick learner lol

Quite

lol The question didn't specify if we were reading well at the time. I certainly wasn't, but my first comic was in 1965 at the age of three. It was a simple Casper like comic in Japan, very easy, even for a three year old to follow along as my Mom read it to me. I have a brother two years older than I am, and he also read comics, so it was a family thing