• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong Area

30 posts in this topic

But, in your auction description you say you have no idea which one someone would get, you are picking at random, blindly?

Then how would you know to pull the auctions of the separate comics? If you are saying the lot #s are tied together, clearly it is not a blind selection.

Hmm okay let's see if this is super hard to follow...

Lot #'s

Have all shipped. How hard is it to number a book or a group of books or groups of books 1-100?

Then how hard is it to pick an envelope that's also numbered and ship out the book/group of books/groups of books that correlate to that number.

But it's cool, you guys reported it as a violation and ebay slapped me with a three day suspension so I can't list any items this weekend. I'm glad to see that the level of cut throat in this hobby isn't limited.

Did any of you want to buy the stuff anyway? Nah...but what the Hell, let's report his listing because I don't like it.

I checked with Trust and Safety before and they said I could sell Silver Age comics if I didn't promise specific issues. They're contradictory.

But it's cool, you guys reported it as a violation and ebay slapped me with a three day suspension so I can't list any items this weekend.

Doesnt seem personal. You were in violation.

How hard is it to number a book or a group of books or groups of books 1-100?

Then how hard is it to pick an envelope that's also numbered and ship out the book/group of books/groups of books that correlate to that number.

See, I understand it is not hard to match them up. Sure its easy, but the thing is you know now what is no longer in the lot of 100 random books, because you have already sold the good stuff off. Perhaps you are right and i am just slow but the "better" books were listed separately, if they sell at the higher price, the $39 "chance" items are the leftovers, no?

And I did not report you, and no I wouldn't have bid, but you advertised and I looked and I just questioned what I saw.

How hard is it to number a book or a group of books or groups of books 1-100?

See, I understand it is not hard to match them up. Sure its easy, but the thing is you know now what is no longer in the lot of 100 random books, because you have already sold the good stuff off. Perhaps you are right and i am just slow but the "better" books were listed separately, if they sell at the higher price, the $39 "chance" items are the leftovers, no?

And I did not report you, and no I wouldn't have bid, but you advertised and I looked and I just questioned what I saw.

Oh okay I get what you're saying.

The conversation is pretty moot at this point though. The books are there to buy, no more grab bags.

I'm sorry if I came off like a jerk, but I talked to you guys in this thread, I left work, I went and picked my son up from daycare and then I came home and had e-mails from ebay. So yeah I was a little miffed, but I shouldn't have taken it out on you or anyone else.

Trust and Safety did give me guidelines to follow regarding these types of listings and clearly they can't be consistent as the task of monitoring falls from one glorified customer service rep to the next. No more grab bags even if they do say they are permitted. It's not worth the headache.

/end thread plz

For what it's worth, I think you're an above-board fellow and not a scammer...I don't think you should have been reported, and I wouldn't blame you for being peeved.

That said, I'm not a big fan of these kinds of auctions, and IMO your luck would probably run out sooner or later with some buyer ticked off about what they received. So I think it's a good call to give them a rest, for any number of reasons.

Cheers. :)