• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sin City Actress Brittany Murphy Passed Away Today

80 posts in this topic

i hope she didn't pass from cocaine use. i loved her in uptown girls. :(
she had a past cocaine problem hm

32 and cardiac arrest migth equate to coke use, but don't see that reported anywhere (probably have to wait for autopsy, and even then, we might never know)

When I saw cardiac arrest, the first thing I thought was drugs. More than likely, that's the case. Especially if she has past problems with drugs. The autopsy will bring it all to light. I'd bet it was a drug overdose.

A buddy of mine once said, "you know what the worst thing about a drug overdose is? Halfway through the evening that person probably said/thought 'I'm partyin' like shizzle!' and having the time of their life."

What a shame. I feel terrible for her family.

So sad if it is drugs. I have an uncle with 9 lives. The guy ended up in emerg several times with heart trouble from Cocaine use. He's kicked the habit and is happily remarried with several children but he lost his oldest daughter because of is lifestyle.

There's nothing cool about drugs.

Wasn't trying to glorify...thats how it is..

i hope she didn't pass from cocaine use. i loved her in uptown girls. :(
she had a past cocaine problem hm

32 and cardiac arrest migth equate to coke use, but don't see that reported anywhere (probably have to wait for autopsy, and even then, we might never know)

When I saw cardiac arrest, the first thing I thought was drugs. More than likely, that's the case. Especially if she has past problems with drugs. The autopsy will bring it all to light. I'd bet it was a drug overdose.

A buddy of mine once said, "you know what the worst thing about a drug overdose is? Halfway through the evening that person probably said/thought 'I'm partyin' like shizzle!' and having the time of their life."

What a shame. I feel terrible for her family.

So sad if it is drugs. I have an uncle with 9 lives. The guy ended up in emerg several times with heart trouble from Cocaine use. He's kicked the habit and is happily remarried with several children but he lost his oldest daughter because of is lifestyle.

There's nothing cool about drugs.

Wasn't trying to glorify...thats how it is..

Chris I didn't take it that way. Just added to your post.

I know exactly where you're coming from, brother.

(thumbs u

Associated Press had it at 6 PM:

Hospital: Actress Brittany Murphy dies at age 32

By CHRISTOPHER WEBER

The Associated Press

Sunday, December 20, 2009; 6:04 PM

LOS ANGELES -- Brittany Murphy, the actress who got her start in the sleeper hit "Clueless" and rose to stardom in "8 Mile," died Sunday in Los Angeles. She was 32.

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Spokeswoman Sally Stewart said Murphy died at 10:04 a.m. She would not provide a cause of death or any other information.

The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a call at 8 a.m. Sunday at the home Murphy shared with her husband, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, in West Hollywood hills. Murphy was transported to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Los Angeles police have opened an investigation into Murphy's death, Officer Norma Eisenman said. Detectives and coroner's officials were at Murphy and Monjack's home Sunday afternoon but did not talk to reporters. Paparazzi were camped outside.

Messages left for Murphy's manager, agent and publicist by The Associated Press weren't immediately returned.

Neighbor Clare Staples said she saw firefighters working to resuscitate the actress Sunday morning. She said Murphy was on a stretcher and "looked as though she was dead at the scene."

Murphy's husband, wearing pajama bottoms and no shoes, appeared "dazed" as firefighters tried to save her, Staples said.

"It's just tragic," she said.

TMZ.com first reported Murphy's death Sunday morning.

Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, said he learned of her death from his son, the actress's brother, and was stunned.

"She was just an absolute doll since she was born," Bertolotti said from his Branford, Fla., home. "Her personality was always outward. Everybody loved her - people that made movies with her, people on a cruise - they all loved her. She was just a regular gal."

He said he hadn't heard much about the circumstances of Murphy's death. Bertolotti divorced her mother when Murphy was young and hadn't seen Murphy in the past few years.

"She was just talented," he said. "And I loved her very much."

Bertolotti was in the mob and served prison time on federal drug charges.

Born Nov. 10, 1977, in Atlanta, Murphy grew up in New Jersey and later moved with her mother to Los Angeles to pursue acting.

Her career started in the early 1990s with small roles in television series, commercials and movies. She is best known for parts in "Girl, Interrupted," "Clueless" and "8 Mile."

Her on-screen roles declined in recent years, but Murphy's voice gave life to numerous animated characters, including Luanne Platter on more than 200 episodes of Fox's "King of the Hill" and Gloria the penguin in the 2006 feature "Happy Feet."

She is due to appear in Sylvester Stallone's upcoming film, "The Expendables," set for release next year.

Her role in "8 Mile" led to more recognition, Murphy said told AP in 2003. "That changed a lot," she said. "That was the difference between people knowing my first and last name as opposed to not."

Murphy credited her mother, Sharon, with being a key to her success.

"When I asked my mom to move to California, she sold everything and moved out here for me," Murphy said. "I was really grateful to have grown up in an environment that was conducive to creating and didn't stifle any of that. She always believed in me."

She dated Ashton Kutcher, who costarred with Murphy in 2003's romantic comedy "Just Married."

Kutcher sent a message on Twitter Sunday morning about Murphy's death: "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine," Kutcher wrote. "My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon."

RIP.

Didnt the husband have an episode a few weeks ago on a airplane?

Saw on TMZ he is requesting no autopsy.

Not usre how it works in California, but generally such a young person dying from cardiac would be subject to an autopsy unless she was recently under a doctor's care for the condition.

A sad affair all the way around and hopefully this isn;t yet another tragic Hollywood scarlet death...

Didnt the husband have an episode a few weeks ago on a airplane?

Saw on TMZ he is requesting no autopsy.

Not usre how it works in California, but generally such a young person dying from cardiac would be subject to an autopsy unless she was recently under a doctor's care for the condition.

A sad affair all the way around and hopefully this isn;t yet another tragic Hollywood scarlet death...

I think it was a heart attack brought on by aneroxia(sp).She looked after thin.But of course thats just my opinion.RIP Brittany.You were much too young to leave us.

Sounds this morning like she may have been really sick (H1N1??)

Also says her mother told the paramedics she was diabetic

If the rumors about anorexia are true, it wouldn't take much for any type of disease to take over a malnourished body.

:(

Its always a shame when a young person passes. She had a "baby sister" quality about her.

It is always sad. The thing is, this happens every day, many many times, and often due to truly tragic circumstances. When I see someone who basically had every opportunity and wasted it on drugs, etc, I see a wasted life. I understand it is easy to get caught up in "the life", but this is becoming an all too common story among young celebs. Life choices have consequences.

I know a family whose 47 year old dad died of leukemia this year, leaving behind a 16 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. That is a real tragedy.

Sounds this morning like she may have been really sick (H1N1??)

Also says her mother told the paramedics she was diabetic

If the rumors about anorexia are true, it wouldn't take much for any type of disease to take over a malnourished body.

:(

Roy.......she may have kept herself thin because of the diabetes. At her age it would most certainly be Type-1. They are encouraged to stay skinny.