• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos...again

14 posts in this topic

Lots of negative posts lately (including by me), so I thought I'd try a positive one.

Issue #5 and I'm STILL totally loving this series!! Lots of fun, good art and good story (at least not as bad as some of the [!@#%^&^] out there today)

Anybody else?

Me too.

I hope that Giffen and Lim are able to carry on without destroying what Jim has done. It still won't be the same without him, but I hope they at least make the book readable and interesting. Giffen CAN do good work (he doesn't always though) and Lim is Lim. He can draw Thanos in his sleep.

Interestingly enough, Starlin came out to say that it was not because he wanted Ron Lim as series artist and Marvel didn't, as I had originally thought. I believe he said it was difficult but he did convince them of Lim's worth.

I subsequently learned that it was because Marvel would not approve another artist Starlin wanted to use on Thanos (for another story) that led to his quitting.

Kev

I hope Giffen and Lim can keep it going. This is Starlin's baby. I gotta 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Kev, any luck on Starlin coming to the next Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon???

Hey Paul,

I'd love to have everyone come back but our budget is finite and we've got a lot of invitations out there that we are waiting to hear back on.

On that note, we haven't approached Starlin yet about coming to the June 2004 show. (We were thinking of maybe bringing him back in June 2005 instead.) If there's a lot of people that want us to bring him back (or anyone else that was at the November show for that matter) then I'm all for bringing this up at our next Steering Committee meeting in early February.

Kev

I am also loving this series, and can't believe Starlin is moving on. I really enjoy seeing Galactus again too. Great story, nice art - seems that Marvel just can't keep both going at the same time nowadays...

Me too.

I hope that Giffen and Lim are able to carry on without destroying what Jim has done. It still won't be the same without him, but I hope they at least make the book readable and interesting. Giffen CAN do good work (he doesn't always though) and Lim is Lim. He can draw Thanos in his sleep.

Just want to check here do you mean that Ron Lim is going to drawing for this series now.....please say yes