• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whie Mountain FF 1 on Pedigree

117 posts in this topic

Where's the book? I don't see it in the Grand Auction listings, or anywhere else on Doug's site.

Looks like the book's been pulled.

Did a scan ever make it on to Doug's site? I may have missed it, but I don't remember seeing a scan.

I never saw a scan either, and looked a few times fwiw.

I'd be really excited to know what this book goes for.

It's tough in grade and prices have gone up substantially since that 9.4 copy sold.

Even in 8.0 and 8.5 the prices have skyrocketed.

It should be a $200K by today's logic.

Where's the book? I don't see it in the Grand Auction listings, or anywhere else on Doug's site.

You can't pull what was never listed yet...Doug takes a while to get scans up or he may not have the book yet, or he may be resubmitting hoping for a grade or PQ jump (pretty sure it was ow/w last time I saw it), I'm sure it'll pop up any day now.

The last big copy of this book to sell wasn't the Parrino one in 2002...the last big copy to sell was THIS copy in 2003. Bob Storms sold this book to someone, presumably whoever is trying to sell it now.

You can't pull what was never listed yet...Doug takes a while to get scans up or he may not have the book yet, I'm sure it'll pop up any day now.

The way jimbo phrased it in his original post, it sounded like it was already on the site:

At last it surfaces..... in the Grand Auction

Since when he first posted this thread the auction had zero comics listed, I'll have to assume he was referring to Doug's blog post where he says there he'll be listing the book.

It's been a minute, but I think my information was from Doug's monthly newsletter. It's also possible that a very good customer made an offer privately for the book and the seller accepted. I hope not....I'm looking forward to seeing this one heat up. I actually have an extra large combination Italian Pizza WITH anchovies riding on this auction. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The last big copy of this book to sell wasn't the Parrino one in 2002...the last big copy to sell was THIS copy in 2003. Bob Storms sold this book to someone, presumably whoever is trying to sell it now.

Yup, part of his big "I'm fixin' to buy a house all FFs must go" sale.

I actually have an extra large combination Italian Pizza WITH anchovies riding on this auction. GOD BLESS...

Ha. what's the bet?

.....that it will break 200K......GOD BLESS...

The main reason I mentioned such a high figure for the book is difficulty of obtaining it in anything above 8.5. There hasn't been a significant copy ay auction to my knowledge since the Parrino auction in 2002, where the 9.4 went for 110K. It's hard to consider the Brulato / Schmell transaction, as that was more along the lines of two close associates shuffling the deck. Since then at least 2 deep pocket buyers have been tangling over all the scarce, choice material. If the "AUTHOR" and the "ENTERTAINER" decide to stroke it out on this rare oppurtunity....who knows ? GOD BLESS....

I must be sorely out of the loop, I have no idea what you just said.

There's speculation that a well-known author and an actor/Hollywood type have been buying up many of the best Marvel books lately

Ghost,

I am bringing it in to CGC to get it regraded. Can't see how the pages aren't white. If it gets a 9.4, the consignor will be pretty happy I assume!. Can't see it ever being less than a 9.2 it is so nice.

I should have it up one week from tonight.

Doug

Ghost,

I am bringing it in to CGC to get it regraded. Can't see how the pages aren't white. If it gets a 9.4, the consignor will be pretty happy I assume!. Can't see it ever being less than a 9.2 it is so nice.

I should have it up one week from tonight.

Doug

It appears I may have to renegotiate the terms of my Pizza wager....GOD BLESS...