• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shove Your Apostrophes - Christmas Sucked

67 posts in this topic

Gav,

2009 has been a pretty stank year for a lot of folks. However, it seems to me it has been especially hard on you. I just wish to extend my feelings of sympathy for you and want you to remember that if you need help from your friends to carry a load then that is what friends are for. So while being the kind of guy who "sorts his own messes" is respectable, it's not shameful to take hold of helping hands.

I'm sorry if I sound like a greeting card poet.

I hope 2010 treats you much kinder than 2009.

All the best.

Jason

Thanks for all the messages of support people, and for the PMs I've had extending condolences and offers of help. I'm pretty overwhelmed by all of it, this community really is amazing.

It has been an unbelievably bad year, and this latest blow was just so surreal it hasn't sunk in properly yet. I'll be able to start arrangements tomorrow after everything is open again after the holiday period, the weekend and now the Bank Holiday.

I may not be around for a while, I'll get on as and when I can, but again, thanks to you all.

Gav,

:hi:

once you get through this, and you will get through this, maybe you can tell us why you hate " ' " so much......

and those books I have for you are not going anywhere....

:grin:

:foryou:

maybe you can tell us why you hate " ' " so much......

I don't really, it just seemed the hot topic of the day. It was my poor attempt at humour to match the mood I was in :sorry:

I don't really, it just seemed the hot topic of the day. It was my poor attempt at humour to match the mood I was in :sorry:

Look at it this way if friends were dollars you would be kicking Bill Gates arse.

Very true Dennis. It's just a shame most of you live on the wrong side of the pond :(

Look at it this way if friends were dollars you would be kicking Bill Gates arse.

Very true Dennis. It's just a shame most of you live on the wrong side of the pond :(

Be thankful for small miracles, plonker.

True, I've heard you can't handle your beer over there.

I try not to handle beer at all. :sick:

I would bet my Irish arse could match ya beer for beer (thumbs u