• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When do you plan on selling?

12 posts in this topic

Plan on keeping most of my hg cgc books till i gotta pay for college education for kids or just as a hand-off from my cold dead hands? (though wife made me recently sell some to put downpayment on a house) lol

What about you guys?

A week before the Great Crash. gossip.gif

I agree, and I hate all these silly delays - it's 2004 already so where is it!?!? mad.gif

When is it!?!? confused-smiley-013.gif

God DAMN it, I keep telling you guys! March 11, 2004 at 4:47 PM EST!

I agree, and I hate all these silly delays - it's 2004 already so where is it!?!? mad.gif

God DAMN it, I keep telling you guys! March 11, 2004 at 4:47 PM EST!

Cool, just before my wife's b-day!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

"Gee Mike, thanks for the...uh...neat...uh...House of Secrets 81 CGC 9.6??"

Well, I don't know if there will be a "Great Crash" or not in 2004. One thing I do know, however, is that there are 11 more months that follow January this year in the standard Gregorian calendar, so to draw any conclusions about the entire year after only the first 30 days, even in jest, makes you sound like you're either (a) a complete buffoon or (b) just trying to get a rise out of J_C. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Gene

Plan on keeping most of my hg cgc books till i gotta pay for college education for kids or just as a hand-off from my cold dead hands? (though wife made me recently sell some to put downpayment on a house) lol

What about you guys?

Believe me, I love a good sense of humor but there are too many joking posts on these threads. It gets boring and adds nothing.

This is an interesting question. For me, there is no actual planned time on when I buy and sell although I do have certain goals that I like to achieve using the profits on flipped and collected books. For example, later this year my wife and I will be going to Hawaii. I plan of purchasing a package deal for around 2 grand in which I am hoping to make that off of comic sale profits. As far as when I will sell, the only thing I can add to that is that the values of alot of books these days seem to flow with the hype and the quality of comic-based movies. Right now the ASM books are doing well, and especially early Punisher appearances, so I am taking advantage of that. When X3 comes out, or at least when the hype starts, it will be time to sell X-books, and so on and so on. Nothing seems to add value and interest to a set of books or a character like a good movie these days. Of course, if the movie sucks you are better off selling in advance of the opening 'cuz interest can dry up quick. Funny how many people base the value of their books on how good the movie is. ------Sid

Well, I don't know if there will be a "Great Crash" or not in 2004. One thing I do know, however, is that there are 11 more months that follow January this year in the standard Gregorian calendar, so to draw any conclusions about the entire year after only the first 30 days, even in jest, just makes you sound like you're either (a) a complete buffoon or (b) just trying to get a rise out of J_C. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Gene

Don't worry Gene, we all know you don't subscribe to "TGC of 2004" position, and since your view is more like "The Great Fade (TGF) of the 21st Century", it can't be disproven any time soon (although it can be proven), so you're safe! makepoint.gif

Anyone know why the Rain Dance always works? Because eventually, it rains... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif