• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Praise be to Janus

14 posts in this topic

From which the Month of January is named, Janus the god of looking back and looking forward at the same time.

There already has been two threads this past week discussion the highs and lows of 2009 collection. Looking forward to 2010, what are you looking to add to the collection? For me, I've got the Pre-#27 Detective Comics bug. I currently have #11 and #16. My favorite of the run is #17. I hope to add it and others this year.

17-1.jpg

As was my goal last year (which sucked for comic buying due to personal turmoil), I want to finish the Sky Girl sub-run in Jumbo Comics. What I really need to do is lower my standard for some of the harder-to-find books and upgrade later if necessary.

I'm waiting for a SA Daredevil 1 in the mail. I'd also like to get at least a nice #7 and start working on a CGC 9.4+ run of 158-191.

That is one tough run to come by. I wish you well in your search.

Thanks.

If I can find 2 or 3 in the 2.o-3.o range, I'd consider that a successful run for 2010. I'm sure everyone remembers the estate auction that occurred last fall in Ohio. I was positioning myself to go onsite and purchase a couple of those early DCs. Then the word got out and the online bids iced me out.

Like most GA collector neophytes, after completing my SA Marvel runs, I'm rotating the collection out of SA to GA.

I'm looking for A Pep 22, 26, and an Archie 2 to add to my collection in 2010. After that I think I'd be pretty satisfied with life.
That's sort of sums up my collecting experience. Best wishes in 2010

I'm looking for A Pep 22, 26, and an Archie 2 to add to my collection in 2010. After that I think I'd be pretty satisfied with life.

Well, the upside is that Archie 2 is easy when compared to Pep 22 and 26. Good luck with your search--they're all great books (thumbs u

I have purchased a lot of Batman comics in the past year but I could still use Batman 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 23, 27, 32 and 37. I also found a box of WDCS which cost me $1 each and that started me on trying to finish the run. I think I can stop trying on that one. Maybe i will get lucky again and I will keep my eye out for more Batman and World's Finest which are a lot of fun to read.

Well, the upside is that Archie 2 is easy when compared to Pep 22 and 26. Good luck with your search--they're all great books (thumbs u

I'm starting to think not, actually. :o Archie 1 and 3 are supposed to be rare (as well as Pep 22), yet I've seen three copies of Archie 1 for sale and about three copies of number 3 (I've had two different ones in my collection already), but haven't seen a Pep 22 or Archie 2 yet!

I'm starting anew during the year of my 50th birthday by returning to my one and only true comic passion, the spawn of William Gaines. My only focus to be his file copies, with my first to arrive within days.

jeff

My itch for pre-DC27s in 2.o - 3.o range for the new year presented this beauty at comiclink . . .

RAD1043B20091231_85242.jpg

Regretfully, it will not be added to the tabcom collection in 2010.

That is quite a book. I miss having a copy in my collection very much. You'll find a nice one for your collection sooner or later