• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #5 - Susan Ciccone Restoration Lab - before/after

123 posts in this topic

i wouldn't do it, it would be worth more unrestored than restored 9.2.

I'll have what he's smoking... :kidaround:

guys, if you find a book that maybe you have a coupla copies of... and wouldn't mind having one restored that blows them away..[my scenario], then it's worth it to keep in mind.

take a look at the FF 12 [follow the link in orig post] and you'd feel the same way. both of these FF's were middling 4.0's, but I just wanted to see 'em 'rack fresh' again. regardlless of the worth, they're nice art pieces from an era that we'll never see again. think kennedy/beatles/stones - I just want to have those artifacts lookin' back at me like I was there. simple as that.

kirby and lee. my 'no value assigned' heros.

paix

you couldn't have taken the book out of the mylar for the pic? :baiting: congrats BTW. (thumbs u

Yes, how about pics outside of the mylar, including interior cover shots?

It looks like she did a great job with it, but for the life of me I will never understand why you had that book restored.

:popcorn:

I'd love to see a high-res scan of the spine, looks great! I can't really see the quality of the work with the light reflection and obstruction of the cover from the bag as it is now.

on the price, I don't really discuss that. :shy: but, I will say susan works with me on each book I've had her do, and each time we set a fair balance between the 'goal' of what needs to be done and what she should rightly receive as the fee.

I think if you ever decide to have her restore a book, you'll find the cost to be very reasonable. (thumbs u

Why not discuss it? A ballpark at least helps decide whether it's worthwhile at all. If it cost $1000, then that's hard to justify for a lot of books, but if it cost $200-$300, then that makes the decision easier.

Did she tell you how long it took to do the work? I could guess what she charged myself if you knew that.

great job....looks out of this world...wonder how much she charges for a press job? does she have a website?

She completely disagrees with CGCs stance on pressed books in a blue label. She only presses books that are undergoing enough resto to warrant a purple label. I havnt looked into getting any resto work in years so that may have changed, but i doubt it.

hi all,

susan advised I could let anyone know that the charge ranges from $50 to $100 per hour depending on the book and degree of difficulty.

I can say she's extremely detailed and does a fine job up front in assessing what work needs to be done once she's rec'd a book.

hope that helps! (thumbs u

A beautiful book and a beautiful job.

Proof positive that Susan can color match and press with the best of them.

Congrats (thumbs u

Subtle like sledgehammer.
:gossip:

Why don't you come out and actually say something you silly little girl-man gossip monger? Have the stones to actually defame the woman instead of hiding behind childish insinuations.

Or should you simply be addressed as the Queen Bee?

:busy: :busy: :busy: