• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A "Thank You" to all of the friends I have made on the boards, and goodbye.

68 posts in this topic

The title of my thread is simply that......a heartfelt "thank you" to so many of you.

I have been a registered boardie for almost 5 years now, and I have grown as a collector due to all of the contacts I have made on here. There isn't another place that exists on the internet that has so much to offer when it comes to sharing knowledge about our hobby. Simply put...you guys know your stuff. Because of this fact, I feel that I know some stuff now too. For that, I am grateful as a collector. To all of the friends I have made, (you guys know who you are without giving a roll call) you have increased my love for the hobby by sharing with me, listening to me, advising me. I love you guys.

The boards have allowed me to grow my collection in a way that might not have ever happened if I hadn't been exposed to different genres, artists, titles. I thought that I knew alot about comics when I came here...but I soon realized I was a true "babe in the woods". Thanks for helping me grow as a collector.

With that said...here comes the hard part. I am going to take a sabbatical from collecting. For how long, I really cannot say. I just feel that it is time. I have a few deals that I need to get tied up...and to do that I plan on selling some of my really nice books that I didn't plan on selling. I don't want to, but it will allow me to get all of my time payment slates wiped clean. However, I want to be clear, I am not asking for a ton of pm's asking me what I plan on selling. I don't know yet and probably wouldn't tell as I don't want this thread to come off as a ploy to make an announcement for an upcoming sale. It couldn't be further from the truth...it just needed to be stated so as to explain why I need to take care of some outstanding deals. I didn't want alot of you to read this and then see my sale thread in a week....that seems tacky to me somehow. Enough with the sale talk.

I haven't always seen eye to eye with all of you, but I want it to be known that it didn't mean that you were not respected. We all have something to offer on here...some more informative than others. Like society, there is the occasional rotten egg, but it seems that they never stick around too long. Can't stand the heat as it were. Arguments occur here, just like any other tight knit group, whether it be a family or a sports team. We are all a family of comic nerds....loveable nerds though.

In closing, it always amused me to see all of the FDQ exits over the past 5 years. I didn't want to go out that way. I wanted to let you guys know that you are special...and to let you know where I was when you don't see me around anymore. This is very hard for me to do, but life changes, and it is time for me to move on to something else for awhile. My family will definitely benefit from my leave....which makes this a little easier to do.

If any of you want my phone number, shoot me a pm and I will send it your way. A few of you already have it and I expect a call from time to time. :sumo:

Take care and be well guys and gals.... you truly are the best. :foryou:

Scott Pearson aka Wrightson fan

Scott, sorry to hear that you are leaving but life goes on.

Do you envision ever coming back here?

Are you leaving comics all together?

R.

Hi Scott,

I've always enjoyed our conversations and your contributions to this board. I took a break for a few years as well, and it really helped. So I think you will find it beneficial as well. I'll see you when you get back

:)

Bill

Best wishes to you and yours. Variety is the spice of life and hopefully you'll be able to sock away most of your collection and in a few years or on your retirement......or sometime, you'll be able to break them out again and be glad you have em. Be well Scott.

I know exactly how you feel. I took some time off from the boards and collecting, and it was well deserved. I needed to recharge the batteries, so to speak. So I completely understand and wish you the best, Scott, and hope you make a speedy return. That being said, I still have to add :cry: This madhouse won't be the same without you, buddy :foryou:

Hey buddy, I hope everything is okay. This place won't be the same without you. Remember there's a standing invite for you anytime you want to come down here and hang--and that's whether you're still a comic geek or not.

Roger