• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A look back on the 2009 CGC Forum highs and lows!

53 posts in this topic

Most easily the lowest point had to be the untimely passing of Nik!

Please feel free to post your thoughts on other high and low points of this forum this past year.

Nik's passing was the lowest point,but also the highest point IMO.Let me explain.

Nik passing away was terrible,but the CGC community stepped up after his untimely death with Donations to Niks wife,the VCC auction for his wife was amazing.Right then, I knew this is not your average message board.I couldnt believe the outpouring from everyone on the boards,Took me for a loop. (worship)

Please feel free to post your thoughts on other high and low points of this forum this past year.

Nik's passing was the lowest point,but also the highest point IMO.Let me explain.

Nik passing away was terrible,but the CGC community stepped up after his untimely death with Donations to Niks wife,the VCC auction for his wife was amazing.Right then, I knew this is not your average message board.I couldnt believe the outpouring from everyone on the boards,Took me for a loop. (worship)

agreed that all happen right when i 1st joined and all i could say to myself is " man im glad i found a place like this"

some really good people posting on here

Another in the same tone, was the tragic loss of Silver's brother and the rally to help him and his family out.

I think the high of the year was how many times the board did this for folks. Forumites jumped out there offering up their collectibles willingly to help out, no matter differences over past threads or any other zany concerns.

Selfless care like this says more than any statement. Maybe it's the hero factor that comes out of reading comic books, but it paid off and helped many.

Heroes, you all!

I'd say toro winning Nik's grading contest again was my high. :preach:

Either that or watching Greggy get his 50000th post. It's a toss up. :juggle:

Low would be TFL reneging on a $20000 book.

Andy

Low points (get those out of the way first):

1) Nik's passing

2) CAP Freak screwing over Steve Borock the way he did

3) Anything Robojo related

4) The Mound City Auction (because of the shipping fiasco)

High points:

1) The fundraiser for Nik's family

2) CAP Freak being banned from the boards

3) Any Foolkiller sales thread

4) The Mound City Auction (because of the great books offered)

I still have a...umm...ahh.... soft spot...for the Man Thing thread, and the late, great lamented Calbot thread was neverendingly funny.