• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Happened to dodofive/Wes?

35 posts in this topic

dodofive > Not a registered user

strange to stop using an account with 13515 Feedback Ratings and active almost 10 years

Is that because he's a scam artist? I forget the deal with this guy, but recognize the name. Maybe I should use "Search", eh?

Edit: upon further review, "scam artist" is too harsh a word. But do your homework!

I use to buy from him up to about five years ago and had no problem with his books and loved his descriptions.

I bought lots of book and left unique feedback for every book and he NEVER left me one single feedback.

I sent him an email telling him I wasn't buying anymore for that reason because it hurt my score and I haven't bought since.

He never even sent one feedback after that so that tells me all I need to know about how he feels about his customers.

He only bothered to give feed back to a few who he probably met at cons (shrug)

I know Wes personally for a few years now. He's local to me and I used to hang out with him for a while.

Although business follow up and PR are not one his strong suits his grading is decent. He's a good grader and is not a scam artist.

He has a ton for books worth 15 bucks apiece. Strange to own so many at once.

Bad vibes as a buyer.

How do $15 books give you bad vibes?

???

Wes is a good guy. He's not the most responsive person, both with email replies and shipping times. And my experience is that his raw grades on his Ebay auctions are a little ambitious.

I had an unpleasant run-in with him and Don (his father) a few years ago about some books I won from him on Ebay. He took forever to ship them, and when I asked politely about them via email, he freaked out on me. And then freaked even more when I posted my experience here and someone told him about it.

But we quickly sorted it out, and then I met him at a Toronto con. I've chatted with him at 3 or 4 cons now, and my impression is that he's straight up and honest. And he's certainly enjoyable to talk to at shows.

He always has a ton of $1-2 books at the cons - like 40 long boxes - and none of them are in any kind of order, so it takes forever to wade through them. But you can usually find some good deals. He also brings along an odd assortment of slabs and golden age stuff.

I haven't followed his Ebay auctions for quite awhile, so I can't comment on that end of his business - except to say that Wes has Don handling some of the Ebay work. I think they have (had?) two Ebay accounts: one for selling CGC books, and one for raw books that they didn't think were slab-worthy.

I'm getting a mixed message from your post.

How can he be a good guy if he freaked out on you, his grading is not accurate, and he is slow to ship.

This does not sound like some one I'd want to deal with.

Wes is a good guy. He's not the most responsive person, both with email replies and shipping times. And my experience is that his raw grades on his Ebay auctions are a little ambitious.

I had an unpleasant run-in with him and Don (his father) a few years ago about some books I won from him on Ebay. He took forever to ship them, and when I asked politely about them via email, he freaked out on me. And then freaked even more when I posted my experience here and someone told him about it.

But we quickly sorted it out, and then I met him at a Toronto con. I've chatted with him at 3 or 4 cons now, and my impression is that he's straight up and honest. And he's certainly enjoyable to talk to at shows.

He always has a ton of $1-2 books at the cons - like 40 long boxes - and none of them are in any kind of order, so it takes forever to wade through them. But you can usually find some good deals. He also brings along an odd assortment of slabs and golden age stuff.

I haven't followed his Ebay auctions for quite awhile, so I can't comment on that end of his business - except to say that Wes has Don handling some of the Ebay work. I think they have (had?) two Ebay accounts: one for selling CGC books, and one for raw books that they didn't think were slab-worthy.

Isn't dodofive "GCCBCO " as well ?

I think that's his father.

I remember now, that guy came on the boards, started making a mess-list and declared Osbourne_france an "international scammer" :roflmao:

Found the link

He got Frenchie confused with you because your people are essentially French, aren't you? :busy:

I remember now, that guy came on the boards, started making a mess-list and declared Osbourne_france an "international scammer" :roflmao:

Found the link

He got Frenchie confused with you because your people are essentially French, aren't you? :busy:

David is a lot nicer and more laid back than me...I'm as French as you are panda.

Why the constant use of the bee-graemlin ? Are you part of a hive or something ? hm

Found the link

David is a lot nicer and more laid back than me...I'm as French as you are panda.

Why the constant use of the bee-graemlin ? Are you part of a hive or something ? hm

:gossip: