• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

I've spent over a year on these boards, and I've been glad of every day. I've learned a hell of a lot, and of that I'm extremely grateful to all who've passed on their knowledge.

But I'm a huge stickler for fairness and good customer service. I treat my customers with the utmost respect, as many who've bought from me will attest to. I've refunded when requested, I've split shipping, I've thrown in freebies etc etc...

But never have I emailed buyers with expletives thrown in because they thought they were hard done to. No, I'm not a huge fish in the sea, but I do sell to people. The last batch of sales being the unfortunate circumstance of a death in the family.

I'm not looking for sympathy, this is just how business is handled in my eyes. But the Mound City auction really opened my eyes. When a disgusting email response was posted, the thread got pulled. So obviously, as so many peoples' reactions show, this kind of customer treatment is fair game.

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

It looks like I'm in the minority when it comes to customer satisfaction, so I'm going to leave the boards. Don't get me wrong, I'm not tarring everybody with the same brush here, far from it, there are some amazing people around here who I will keep in touch with. But I've a sour taste in my mouth over all of this, so I think it best I leave all concerned to MCA wins and refunds, those who actually got them, and pretend everything is OK in the world.

For those I have ongoing deals with, you have my email address, all will be concluded (thumbs u

Gav, you are the main reason I joined the boards and I am so sorry you are having a bad time of it at the moment. I understand and accept your decision to leave the boards and all but please keep in touch as this is a very sad day. PM me your contact details and I will continue to keep in touch with you on other boards etc Whoever is responsible for this, you should most certainly be ashamed of yourself (tsk)

Gav I wish you well and if you want to chat or need any help them please do not hesitate to ask

Gaz

:acclaim:

i'm chalking this up to Boozad having a terrible last couple of weeks. and maybe alcohol.

perhaps in the light of day and after a couple of months away, he'll reconsider and rejoin our happy and somewhat dysfunctional group here

Whoever is responsible for this, you should most certainly be ashamed of yourself (tsk)

I'd say he's responsible for it being that it was his decision. I gotta say I agree with Sal that he seemed really stressed about a lot of things and it must've just come to some sort of head tonight. I understand there was a death in his family recently as well so that has to rattle you horribly. Either way, his decision.

Wow Gav. I'm really sorry to see you go.

This holiday season, ironically, is tough on a lot of people.

Quite honestly, I thought I was going to lose my mind this year. It makes me extremely depressed. I actually hate this time of year and I can't explain it. It just makes me very sad.

Still, tensions run high for many people and it doesn't bring out the best in many of us.

I really hope you reconsider and stay. Change for the better on these boards is made from the inside out. It's the only way it can happen.

What does not kill us makes us stronger for those around us.

We need good guys like you here.

:(

Whoever is responsible for this, you should most certainly be ashamed of yourself (tsk)

I'd say he's responsible for it being that it was his decision. I gotta say I agree with Sal that he seemed really stressed about a lot of things and it must've just come to some sort of head tonight. I understand there was a death in his family recently as well so that has to rattle you horribly. Either way, his decision.

What so he is just over reacting or something (shrug) come on guys the man has a point. I miss read post the first time and I now understand the context of said post and I still stand my my comments. Lets not kick the guy while his down and condescend him. He has his reasons and in all honesty he makes these boards a fun and interesting place to be. I'm not saying that others don't just that he does and for that reason we shouldn't be taking such feelings likely as it says alot about the community that I have come to love.