• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest original pieces and recreations

43 posts in this topic

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. I spent my vacation resting and doing some drawings.

I hope you enjoy them.

First up: Black Cat Mystery! I LOVE this cover, and hope to one day own a copy of it. For now I guess I will put this up on my wall.

BlackCatMystery50.jpg

Argueably the coolest Batman cover ever.

TEC31.jpg

I was inspired by the "Greatest War Covers" thread, and decided to do a recreation of the winner:

GiC80.jpg

Tales to Astonish, I love this cover.

TTA93.jpg

And since we are on Hulk, I love the old block lettering of the Hulk title so I decided to put together a new cover of Hulk 181 using the old style lettering to see what it would look like:

Hulk181Cover.jpg

And last, a Zombie piece I did for a boardie:

Zombie.jpg

Again, thanks for looking. I always value any feedback you offer.

Thanks alot fellow boardies.

Any suggestions on covers I should be doing? I am curently on a Golden age kick, and wouldn't mind hearing some suggestions as it is a genre I know very little about outside of the major keys. An example is the Black Cat, I had never heard of it before I viewed a post somewhat recently. Awesome cover.

Tales From the Crypt 33

The Enoch cover by Jack Davis!

One of my favorite EC Covers and the level of detail including the 3 ghouls on the left panel would be a challenge to be sure!!

Once again Amazing stuff my Man!!!

Tales From the Crypt 33

One of my favorite EC Covers and the level of detail including the 3 ghouls on the left panel would be a challenge to be sure!!

Tales From the Crypt 33

I could do it, if I can do the Venus 19, or the Black cat Mystery 50 I can do the Tales from the Crypt 33.

I have been perusing Golden Age books alot lately seeking covers to recreate, the bad part of this is I am starting to want to buy these books. Pricey!

Thanks alot fellow boardies.

Any suggestions on covers I should be doing? I am curently on a Golden age kick, and wouldn't mind hearing some suggestions as it is a genre I know very little about outside of the major keys.

Superman #14. Arguably the greatest of GA covers. Would bring a smile to many on the GA boards ! :cloud9:

OK, this one is not GA but, it is to me, one of the coolest covers ever made, it doesn't have all that action jazz, or any of the Macho man type characters kicking someone's , nor is it some mysterious Subject walking like a zombie..nor does it have skeletons...it is a clean, alluring, and just perfect..... Wonder Woman #72, form the 90s...think about it....

OK, this one is not GA but, it is to me, one of the coolest covers ever made, it doesn't have all that action jazz, or any of the Macho man type characters kicking someone's , nor is it some mysterious Subject walking like a zombie..nor does it have skeletons...it is a clean, alluring, and just perfect..... Wonder Woman #72, form the 90s...think about it....

As a GA guy, I don't care much for most of the modern stuff but that stalwart and powerful yet beautiful image of Diana from Brian Bolland is just alluring. A modern classic in my book. (thumbs u

That zombie drawing is great.

Thanks alot! Doing the cover recreations is one thing, but the Zombie illustration is my own original piece. Greatly appreciate hearing something positive on my own art.

Karl

It's awesome!

So PLEASE assure me you're not using a Sharpie to make these...

Guilty as charged. I use india ink in some cases but I find they warp once the ink is dried whereas the sharpie inks do not. Why did you ask?