• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,634 posts in this topic

Just pulled the Ebay trigger on a used but intact HP 8300...can't wait!!!

:applause: that's the kind I'm looking at. What's a reasonable price on a used one?

The one I bought was $52.39 shipped. Can't beat that with a stick!!!

I got my HP 8250 working with just the HP scanner software on my iMac PC I just bought a month ago or so..

HP 8250

219a97fb-bbf6-46c5-842d-cacf5e8bdf59_zpsbd5dc2bd.jpg

Now the next scan..This was done on my Epson Perfection 1200U pc on my windows pc..

I want to make the HP 8250 image the same size as my Epson Letter size scanner.

The 8250 image is so much smaller and dimmer...I guess I need Photoshop elements or some other scanner software that will work on an iMac.

wolverineltd1f1_zpsbab5e456.jpg

The 8250 image is so much smaller and dimmer...I guess I need Photoshop elements or some other scanner software that will work on an iMac.

If you go to the HP website, download the large driver bundle for your HP 8250. The bundle has its own imaging software included. As already said, the large driver bundle does slow down the speed of a scan (but not cripplingly so), but will produce awesome scans. Make sure you choose the 'Extreme' setting in the final step before you start the scan.

Speed over Quality: Quality wins everytime.

You're also able to resize scans, so you can match scans made on your Epson.

Edited by Kenners

If you go to the HP website, download the large driver bundle for your HP 8250. The bundle has its own imaging software included. As already said, the large driver bundle does slow down the speed of a scan (but not cripplingly so), but will produce awesome scans. Make sure you choose the 'Extreme' setting in the final step before you start the scan.

I had already downloaded the HP scanner software but I forgot to mention it in my post. I found out from another thread "Photobucket Useless Thread" that Photobucket put a size limitation on your scans.

I ended up using ImageShack and Imgur to host my scans.

Much better now...Here they are in a couple of different sizes... They look ok for now.

teentitans14f1sc1.jpg

iRpxZEd.jpg

After reading this thread, I decided to "keep up with the Joneses" & purchase a HP 8250 from a seller on eBay a few weeks ago; downloaded the basic driver (which took about a day and a half due to my secondary desktop being verrry sllloowww):

nwm1-cgcss98f_zpsb9a97965.jpg

Left the cover up, and used custom settings at 300dpi, and 16 on the contrast & brightness; kudos to the OP and various tipsters...LOVE this machine! (thumbs u

I had already downloaded the HP scanner software but I forgot to mention it in my post. I found out from another thread "Photobucket Useless Thread" that Photobucket put a size limitation on your scans.

I ended up using ImageShack and Imgur to host my scans.

Much better now...Here they are in a couple of different sizes... They look ok for now.

teentitans14f1sc1.jpg

iRpxZEd.jpg

Your scans look migh fine, but it's fun to tinker a little bit with the various settings :)

After reading this thread, I decided to "keep up with the Joneses" & purchase a HP 8250 from a seller on eBay a few weeks ago; downloaded the basic driver (which took about a day and a half due to my secondary desktop being verrry sllloowww):

nwm1-cgcss98f_zpsb9a97965.jpg

Left the cover up, and used custom settings at 300dpi, and 16 on the contrast & brightness; kudos to the OP and various tipsters...LOVE this machine! (thumbs u

That looks really good with the basic driver (thumbs u

.. anyone know what the basic difference is between the 8250 and the 8300?

Isn't the 8250 an all-in-one printer?

My came with an ADF but I'm not sure if that constitutes an "all-in-one-printer". Not sure if you can FAX with it since all I cared about when I bought it, is that it takes nice legal size scans for slabs.

My came with an ADF but I'm not sure if that constitutes an "all-in-one-printer". Not sure if you can FAX with it since all I cared about when I bought it, is that it takes nice legal size scans for slabs.

They must have had an earlier 8250 then that was a standalone scanner, because when I do a search for just "HP 8250" the results I get are a silver, boxy, all in one printer. I see if I add "scanner" that there was another 8250 that was a standalone scanner, but it's form is not the same as the 8300, which is just a rectangle, where the 8250 has a curved out front side. I wonder how similar the two are on actual specs.

They must have had an earlier 8250 then that was a standalone scanner, because when I do a search for just "HP 8250" the results I get are a silver, boxy, all in one printer. I see if I add "scanner" that there was another 8250 that was a standalone scanner, but it's form is not the same as the 8300, which is just a rectangle, where the 8250 has a curved out front side. I wonder how similar the two are on actual specs.

Yep, I imagine the 2 are very similar on specs. I see the 8300 has an optional ADF too, but then again .. I know I'd never get any use out if it, as I bought the 8300 purely for scanning slabs (I'm waiting on 20 x Captain America's to get back to me, then I'll put the 8300 through its paces) ;)

Picked up a HP 8200 scanner, all works well, haven't tinkered with the settings yet (using the HP scanner software on the cd and saving to jpeg).

How does everyone stitch together the files to create those seen in boardies sigs? Any recommend free software for the pc to do this?