• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Or ComicLink: Which gets better bang for your OA buck on sales?

11 posts in this topic

Heritage Or ComicLink: Which gets better bang for your OA buck on sales?

I'm looking to move a few higher end pieces I own and i am wondering which company would net me more money in my pocket

I know Heritage has a sellers premium but I have heard that they might waive it the piece is a prime/Select piece and I believe mine fits the bill.

Taking that into account if the waive the fee which do you think is better?

Make sure you have at least $5000 in estimate or heritage will not accept it. (But I'm sure you knew that already)

I've done ok with ComicLink but each time I've only got just over my reserve (thankfully I put one in).

I had a piece on Comiclink once. It didn't make my reserve. I kept it there for some time, got a few offers that I didn't think were enough, then pulled it. A year later I put it on Heritage with no reserve assuming it would see more action. It went for a grand less than my highest Comiclink offer, which I had declined. Anecdotal, I'll admit. It was not OA however, it was a comic. Greed is bad, irregardless of Gekko :)

Buyer's premium is 19.5%.

Seller's premium is the same, but can be negotiated if they want the lot(s) enough.

Not cheap, but...

An anecdote:

I own the front cover to DC's Treasury Edition C-53 (Santa and Rudolph by Sheldon Mayer) and the back cover. The two together make a story. Here are the links:

FC: http://cafurl.com?i=13301

BC: http://cafurl.com?i=13302

The FC was purchased on Heritage for $1,840.

I bought the BC (read the story on the link) on eBay for $850 or so.

I don't know if that helps or not.

My feeling is that you could try the lower cost services with a reserve that would make you happy (or on eBay an initial price) and if you don't get it try one of the others.

PS. My children will have to deal with this, not me. :)

I don't know the answer to whether or not there is a charge for not making reserve, but here's an interesting link from an independent company (so far as I know) showing Heritage's traffic vs. ComicLink.

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/ha.com+comiclink.com+mastroauctions.com+hakes.com/?metric=uv&months=12

Of course, Heritage has a lot of non-comics business, but I seem to recall that 30% or so is comics related.

Doesn't Heritage charge a fee/premium to the seller if their reserve price is not met?
Unless something has changed, yes they do. I don't remember how much.

Yes, but just negotiate it out. Heritage can be very flexible when they`re motivated.

Anyways, real men don`t use reserves! :baiting: