• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Crazy Comic Sellers....

10 posts in this topic

Well, if you don't like my pricing, you could just pm me... :insane:

Happy New Year, BTW!

I hope you're kidding Dave... :wishluck:

Man, you should see the other collection I've been "pursuing" for 2 years. They want at least $1K CDN, for about 2,300 1988-1993 comics (including a few hundred COPPER books). So, after some negotiating they finally tell me it was sold for their asking price. I didn't really believe them, but I "congratulated" them nonetheless.

Well, it's a year later and the comics are up for sale AGAIN and they have yet to lower their asking price. doh!

I'm having "fun" throwing my offer at them once more. There are about 100 books of interest to me as both a collector/seller, but most of the rest is junk or common at best. They however, REFUSE to sell parts of the collection, but are set on maximizing the "value" of the books...

Happy New Year, BTW!

Man, you should see the other collection I've been "pursuing" for 2 years. They want at least $1K CDN, for about 2,300 1988-1993 comics (including a few hundred COPPER books). So, after some negotiating they finally tell me it was sold for their asking price. I didn't really believe them, but I "congratulated" them nonetheless.

Well, it's a year later and the comics are up for sale AGAIN and they have yet to lower their asking price. doh!

I'm having "fun" throwing my offer at them once more. There are about 100 books of interest to me as both a collector/seller, but most of the rest is junk or common at best. They however, REFUSE to sell parts of the collection, but are set on maximizing the "value" of the books...

Link?

Happy New Year, BTW!

I looked at a "collection" (by collection I mean a bunch of books gathered together in the same location) offered by a guy who claimed to be a consultant for Heritage. It was about 2500 books from the 80s and he was asking $1000. After looking them over, and feeling a bit sorry for him, I offered him $200. He played the "well, I don't think that's anywhere near the value" game. I explained my position and we parted ways.

The more I thought about it the more I regretted making such a generous offer so I was relieved he didn't accept. Flash forward a couple of weeks and guess who calls... more than willing to take the $200. I think his heart broke when I told him no.

I'm a CRAZY seller.

Just sold 16 long boxes of wonderful 90's books, mostly Image and Valiant titles for....$300.

I got less than a $.10 a book. I owned a store in the 90's sold to an old dealer buddy of mine that does shows. He'll set these up as $.50-$1 boxes and probably make his money back the next show he is at.

I agree on the crazy people. I try to explain to them how many true "collectors" there are and how much that 90's stuff was printed. They nod and continue to quote their thousands of dollars price.

Good luck to them