• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool: Appreciation and Ongoing Discussion

92 posts in this topic

6211191_1.jpg

An on-going thread for the discussion of Deadpool.

There's been a lot of talk about the over-exposure of Deadpool lately, but it must be working. The most common comparison is to Wolverine, but in this months (December 2009) Diamonds sales estimates, Deadpool (37th) and Deadpool Team-Up (46th) both outsold all of the Wolverine titles (with the exception of Dark Wolverine (28th) which does not actually have Wolverine in it) and the third Deadpool title, Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth (49th) split the two Wolverine titles: Wolverine Origins (48th) and Wolverine Weapon X (50th)

source

Feel free to discuss this or anything else regarding the wonderful Merc With a Mouth

I may be in the minority but I liked the Cable & Deadpool series.

I've enjoyed the Deadpool parts of the series. I think the sales numbers would have been better on the series if they had split the focus more between the two title characters rather than have Cable carry the majority of the book.

how many series has deadpool had/have by himself?

Solo only titles, not including one-shots... 7

Deadpool: Circle Chase - First mini-series 4 issues (1993)

Deadpool: Sins of the Past - Second mini-series 4 issues (1994)

Deadpool - first series/Vol 1 72 issues -1 through 69 (1997)

Deadpool - second series/Vol 2/ current run 18 issues out currently

Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth - current series with 6 issues out currently

Deadpool Team-Up - current series with 3 issues out currently (4 if you include 900)

Deadpool: Suicide Kings - 5 issue miniseries

He was awesome in the Wolverine movie.

and to think I call you friend...

:o

I only posted it to get a bite, but that one had teeth man!

I've actually never read a Deadpool solo comic but I've been thinking about adding 1 to my pull list but I don't want to start cold. What series should I get and do I need to go back some issue to get the benifit? If so which issue should I start with (thumbs u

I started reading Deadpool with the current series and it's great thanks to Daniel Way and some snazzy art. The other series are okay. It's fun to read Wade's adventures, but hopefully all this overexposure won't kill his popularity and momentum--if this happens, lets hope they dont' add a fourth voice in Deadpool's head.

I've actually never read a Deadpool solo comic but I've been thinking about adding 1 to my pull list but I don't want to start cold. What series should I get and do I need to go back some issue to get the benifit? If so which issue should I start with (thumbs u

You should buy a New Mutants # 98 from me, the next time you drop in. :baiting:

The main Deadpool title written by Way is the better of the three, IMHO. That's the one I would recommend.

You should buy a New Mutants # 98 from me, the next time you drop in. :baiting:

I have a NM 98 in 9.4 I had graded myself this year - brought the book for £1 from my LCS :acclaim: