• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool: Appreciation and Ongoing Discussion

92 posts in this topic

I REALLY enjoyed Deadpool 19. Thought the story was entertaining and LOVED the art. HitMonkey #1... not so much.

I'm really hoping they stick with this artist for a while. His art is great for this book and I wish they would give him some Amazing Spider-man issues as well. His Spidey is perfect!

I REALLY enjoyed Deadpool 19. Thought the story was entertaining and LOVED the art. HitMonkey #1... not so much.

I'm really hoping they stick with this artist for a while. His art is great for this book and I wish they would give him some Amazing Spider-man issues as well. His Spidey is perfect!

I agree 100 percent

Just read today's issue.

I feel Way has finally hit his Deadpool stride. When I read the solicits on this arc, I saw "Hit-Monkey" and kind of rolled my eyes. I have to apologize to him for that initial reaction, because this is hands down the best arc so far in this title (at least tied if not better than the Bullseye arc). Really, really funny stuff and the fourth wall stuff is done perfectly and doesn't feel as forced as some of the previous isses.

This arc makes me want Spider-Man to be more of a regular character in the title. The interplay between him and Deadpool makes for a perfect buddy-comedy feel.

And I can't say enough good things about the art right now. I want Carlo Barberi on the main Deadpool book much more often. And can Marvel please let him pencil an arc of Amazing Spider-Man. He does both characters PERFECT!

Good...they needed to limit that bad boy before it got out of hand with all the Deadpool titles. My LCS keeps trying to give me all these extra Deadpool titles and I keep putting them back on the rack. I pick up one title per character. That's my rule. I'm geting Amazing Spider-Man and no other Spider-Man books. I'm getting Deadpool and no other Deadpool books. I'm getting Batman and no other Batman books (although I should really add 'Tec). I'm getting Nova and no oth...you get the point!

BTW...ahem ahem I uh heard uhm this guy (maybe it's me, who can say for sure?) was selling DP's first appearance starting at only $0.99 with no reserve with not a single bidder yet on the bay.

They didn't need to cutback and the ASM approach isn't a bad one.

I actually enjoy Team-up. I didn't care for the Ghost Rider issue much. But the story with the huge purple dude (Colossal Man or something) what hilarious. Same with that ridiculous raccoon story.

The latest issue, though I haven't read it, looks awful. With FrankenCastle. One thing I enjoy is that this is a series where continuity means nothing and Deadpool is even nuttier than his other books.

Pat