• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction FUNDRAISER
2 2

607 posts in this topic

S
Not to be overly pessimistic, but to think that you're going to generate enough money to cover all of expenditures necessary for a qualified attorney to bring Dupcak to justice here on these messages boards is insane. You're looking at a minimum of six figures, hours and hours of time spent and who's to say he doesn't deny it all, hire his own defense team and counter sue you right back?

Uh, no. I think you misunderstand the situation and the proceedings. First, it wouldn't cost six figures, as I believe Mark is simply retaining this attorney as specialized help. This isn't going to cost six figiures. I think Mark will be doing a great deal of the work, but as he mentioned, he may need oe help with respect to how family court works, issues about who the judge is, nuances with regards to child support

Second, this isn't a situation where he can counter sue. This is a child support hearing in family court. If he wanted to sue Jan, he'd have to do so in a separate action.

I haven't misunderstood anything. You are kidding youself if you don't think Dupcak if he feels he is wrongly accused wouldn't file suit against esquirecomics or anyone else whom he feels is ruining his buisness and public reputation. Simply bringing up what some feel are unethical buisness practices at a single custody hearing and to think that you're going to get the answers you're looking for isn't even realistic.

I can only hope for such an opportunity to delve into every aspect of his life and financial business. Bring it on Danny!!! Please, please, please.

My law firm address for service of the legal papers is 1250 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Ste. 200, Washington, D.C. 20036.

I didn't mean for you to get so on the defensive; I was just playing devils advocate. I wouldn't know the slightest about criminal litigation as I haven't been into a courtroom in over six years. To be perfectly honest I also haven't read to much into this Dupcak situtation other than he was defrauding clientele. Does it not make sense to you though that he may take on any retalitory means necessary in order to salvage his reputation?

-David (who will stay out of this)

Yeah, sure you're name is David!!!

:roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

(thumbs u Thats why we kick Major !If 14000 board members sent $5 thats $70,000.What if each person sent $40? Thats the differance.

Then Mark can cover the legal fees and buy that 8.0 Tec #27 next month. lol

hm

Don't give me ideas. :baiting:

(thumbs u Thats why we kick Major !If 14000 board members sent $5 thats $70,000.What if each person sent $40? Thats the differance.

Then Mark can cover the legal fees and buy that 8.0 Tec #27 next month. lol

hm

Don't give me ideas. :baiting:

You better clear that with Ellie first. lol

You are kidding youself if you don't think Dupcak if he feels he is wrongly accused wouldn't file suit against esquirecomics or anyone else whom he feels is ruining his buisness and public reputation.

Oh and why would you think he WOULD file suit against anyone whom he feels is ruining his business and "public reputation," do you know him personally?

Honestly how does Danny keep coming back on these boards?

You are kidding youself if you don't think Dupcak if he feels he is wrongly accused wouldn't file suit against esquirecomics or anyone else whom he feels is ruining his buisness and public reputation.

Oh and why would you think he WOULD file suit against anyone whom he feels is ruining his business and "public reputation," do you know him personally?

Honestly how does Danny keep coming back on these boards?

Unbelievable, isn't it?

This was the sentence structure that gave it away... vintage stuff.

" Does it not make sense to you though that he may take on any retalitory means necessary in order to salvage his reputation?"

Dan

GREAT GOING MARK! :applause:

It would be great if this works out! (thumbs u

I have a few books lying around that Rachel was going to sell on ebay to earn a few bucks, but she said this is a much better way to use the money.

My scanner is down, so no pics, but don't worry, I am no DD, the books will be as described. lol

This will be auctioned off as ONE lot of 10 books:

Wonder Woman 283 CGC 9.8 W

Fantastic Four 205 CGC 9.8 W

Fantastic Four 253 CGC 9.8 W

G.I. Joe 10 CGC 9.6 OW/W

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular 21 CGC 8.5 W

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular 22 CGC 8.5 W

Superman Family 170 CGC 9.2 OW/W

Dazzler 1 CGC 9.8 W

Cry For Dawn 5 CGC 9.4 W

Detective 577 CGC 9.8 W

I think the GPA is around $300 (heck, I think the grading fees alone were about $225!) so, start this lot at $60.

I will pay the shipping as well.

The auction will start tomorrow, Sunday, January 10, 2010, at 3:00 P.M. EST. More details to follow.

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated books already (and funds), but we really could use more. Again, if you wish to do so anonymously that's perfectly fine. Just send me the scans/info and I'll coordinate it.

(thumbs u

S
Not to be overly pessimistic, but to think that you're going to generate enough money to cover all of expenditures necessary for a qualified attorney to bring Dupcak to justice here on these messages boards is insane. You're looking at a minimum of six figures, hours and hours of time spent and who's to say he doesn't deny it all, hire his own defense team and counter sue you right back?

Uh, no. I think you misunderstand the situation and the proceedings. First, it wouldn't cost six figures, as I believe Mark is simply retaining this attorney as specialized help. This isn't going to cost six figiures. I think Mark will be doing a great deal of the work, but as he mentioned, he may need oe help with respect to how family court works, issues about who the judge is, nuances with regards to child support

Second, this isn't a situation where he can counter sue. This is a child support hearing in family court. If he wanted to sue Jan, he'd have to do so in a separate action.

I haven't misunderstood anything. You are kidding youself if you don't think Dupcak if he feels he is wrongly accused wouldn't file suit against esquirecomics or anyone else whom he feels is ruining his buisness and public reputation. Simply bringing up what some feel are unethical buisness practices at a single custody hearing and to think that you're going to get the answers you're looking for isn't even realistic.

I can only hope for such an opportunity to delve into every aspect of his life and financial business. Bring it on Danny!!! Please, please, please.

My law firm address for service of the legal papers is 1250 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Ste. 200, Washington, D.C. 20036.

I didn't mean for you to get so on the defensive; I was just playing devils advocate. I wouldn't know the slightest about criminal litigation as I haven't been into a courtroom in over six years. To be perfectly honest I also haven't read to much into this Dupcak situtation other than he was defrauding clientele. Does it not make sense to you though that he may take on any retalitory means necessary in order to salvage his reputation?

-David (who will stay out of this)

lol you got a damn good lawyer on your azz, you are sooooo screwed D-bag lol lol lol

The boards did raise more than $80,000 recently for another worthy cause.

Please don't go there, and compare that terrible, though ultimately life-affirming, tragedy to a child support case involving the illegitimate progeny of Danny Dupcak. (tsk)

Four raw books to add to the auction.

I'd like to group these as a single item for auction purposes.

Giant-Size Avengers #1 VF+ (8.5) USAF Mildenhall Collection (purchased from Nick on board)

Giant-Size Avengers #4 NM (9.4) (purchased from Harley Yee; grade confirmed by Matt Nelson)

Avengers Annual #4 VF/NM (9.0) (purchased from Bill Breck on board)

Avengers Annual #6 NM (9.4) (Ebay purchase)

Total value: approx $180

Auction starting bid: $40 for the lot

Shipping within North America included

AvengersGS01.jpg

AvengersGS04.jpg

AvengersAnn04.jpg

AvengersAnn06.jpg

I'm cautious about views that intimate we need to be wise about our kindness because they inevitably lead to more germane and equally erroneous views which liken kindness to weakness.

Kindness is the highest form of wisdom (Noah Benshea)

Thanks for the auction update Mark. The comics that have been donated so far look fantastic! :applause:

I'm cautious about views that intimate we need to be wise about our kindness because they inevitably lead to more germane and equally erroneous views which liken kindness to weakness.

Kindness it the highest form of wisdom (Noah Benshea)

Joseph-

You so rock! (worship)

Kindness it the highest form of wisdom (Noah Benshea)

Joseph-

You so rock! (worship)

Seems to me like your daughter Rachel is far more deserving of the credit and kudos. :applause:

I have a few books lying around that Rachel was going to sell on ebay to earn a few bucks, but she said this is a much better way to use the money.

My scanner is down, so no pics, but don't worry, I am no DD, the books will be as described. lol

G.I. Joe 10 CGC 9.6 OW/W

Dazzler 1 CGC 9.8 W

Cry For Dawn 5 CGC 9.4 W

Detective 577 CGC 9.8 W

I think the GPA is around $300 (heck, I think the grading fees alone were about $225!) so, start this lot at $60.

Steve thanks for your donations and for all your efforts all these years involving Dupcak.

G.I. Joe 10 CGC 9.6 OW/W

Dazzler 1 CGC 9.8 W

Cry For Dawn 5 CGC 9.4 W

Detective 577 CGC 9.8 W

Thank you Steve! (thumbs u

Very weird that your post came before mine b/c I could have sworn I saw this thread and didn't see this post until now. You must still have some sort of secret access! :insane::baiting:

Up to this point, however, Jan was being represented by an attorney for New York City's Corporation Counsel whose resources were severely limited. (thumbs u

I am curious about the NY Corporation Counsel. I thought that their office represents the City in civil matters, and their only involvement w/ criminal law is to prosecute juveniles. Does the Family Court proceeding involve a juvenile? Just curious.

Up to this point, however, Jan was being represented by an attorney for New York City's Corporation Counsel whose resources were severely limited. (thumbs u

I am curious about the NY Corporation Counsel. I thought that their office represents the City in civil matters, and their only involvement w/ criminal law is to prosecute juveniles. Does the Family Court proceeding involve a juvenile? Just curious.

It is a very interesting situation. I am going to give you a layman's explanation b/c it was news to me how this came about.

If I recall correctly how it worked, b/c Jan resides outside of NYS there is an arrangement between the states for NYC to represent her, primarily b/c NYC is not really representing her but actually is seeking to protect the interests of its sister state. Apparently the policy premise is that ensuring the out of state parent receives the proper child support will ensure the child does not become the ward of the residing state.

Child support is available in NYS until the age of 21 and Family Court has jurisdiction.