• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction FUNDRAISER
2 2

607 posts in this topic

S
Not to be overly pessimistic, but to think that you're going to generate enough money to cover all of expenditures necessary for a qualified attorney to bring Dupcak to justice here on these messages boards is insane. You're looking at a minimum of six figures, hours and hours of time spent and who's to say he doesn't deny it all, hire his own defense team and counter sue you right back?

Uh, no. I think you misunderstand the situation and the proceedings. First, it wouldn't cost six figures, as I believe Mark is simply retaining this attorney as specialized help. This isn't going to cost six figiures. I think Mark will be doing a great deal of the work, but as he mentioned, he may need oe help with respect to how family court works, issues about who the judge is, nuances with regards to child support

Second, this isn't a situation where he can counter sue. This is a child support hearing in family court. If he wanted to sue Jan, he'd have to do so in a separate action.

I haven't misunderstood anything. You are kidding youself if you don't think Dupcak if he feels he is wrongly accused wouldn't file suit against esquirecomics or anyone else whom he feels is ruining his buisness and public reputation. Simply bringing up what some feel are unethical buisness practices at a single custody hearing and to think that you're going to get the answers you're looking for isn't even realistic.

I don't know Dupcak from Adam. But he strikes me as kind of a troll and an unseemly type that hides in the shadows and isn't much for the limelight. My guess is, if he's reading this, he's really wishing it would all just go away rather than doing the bwhahaha laugh and having delusions of grandeur, thinking of all the counter suing he's going to do.

As a gambler I would put my money on him wanting to avoid as much legal hassling as possible.

S
Not to be overly pessimistic, but to think that you're going to generate enough money to cover all of expenditures necessary for a qualified attorney to bring Dupcak to justice here on these messages boards is insane. You're looking at a minimum of six figures, hours and hours of time spent and who's to say he doesn't deny it all, hire his own defense team and counter sue you right back?

Uh, no. I think you misunderstand the situation and the proceedings. First, it wouldn't cost six figures, as I believe Mark is simply retaining this attorney as specialized help. This isn't going to cost six figiures. I think Mark will be doing a great deal of the work, but as he mentioned, he may need oe help with respect to how family court works, issues about who the judge is, nuances with regards to child support

Second, this isn't a situation where he can counter sue. This is a child support hearing in family court. If he wanted to sue Jan, he'd have to do so in a separate action.

I haven't misunderstood anything. You are kidding youself if you don't think Dupcak if he feels he is wrongly accused wouldn't file suit against esquirecomics or anyone else whom he feels is ruining his buisness and public reputation. Simply bringing up what some feel are unethical buisness practices at a single custody hearing and to think that you're going to get the answers you're looking for isn't even realistic.

I don't know Dupcak from Adam. But he strikes me as kind of a troll and an unseemly type that hides in the shadows and isn't much for the limelight. My guess is, if he's reading this, he's really wishing it would all just go away rather than doing the bwhahaha laugh and having delusions of grandeur, thinking of all the counter suing he's going to do.

As a gambler I would put my money on him wanting to avoid as much legal hassling as possible.

I'm betting he's reading these posts and possibly even being quoted in these threads.

hm

I'll donate this. I won the book in the Nik auction for $500 but GPA is around $300, so you can choose what you want to "value" it at.

In a way it's a contribution from Nik as I'm sure he would have donated to this cause if he were still with us.

I will assume shipping costs within the U.S. and split them if international.

avengers57cgc0001.jpg

S

I'm betting he's reading these posts and possibly even being quoted in these threads.

hm

ya think ? hm

S

And if he does decide to countersue, then fine - I see no issue with this and to claim otherwise is absurd scaremongering (cf the bolded bit). Let him, his business and his reputation be put under the microscope.

S

hm

ya think ? hm

So far, my money's on:-

You are kidding youself if you don't think Dupcak if he feels he is wrongly accused wouldn't file suit against esquirecomics or anyone else whom he feels is ruining his buisness and public reputation. Simply bringing up what some feel are unethical buisness practices at a single custody hearing and to think that you're going to get the answers you're looking for isn't even realistic.

S

Is this the same guy that was convicted of Scheming to Defraud which I believe is a Class E Felony in the State of NY?

What exactly is his public reputation right now? According to public records all I can find is a conviction involving over $30,000 in funds stolen in a forgery scheme with many of the victims being children?

That's the guy who's going to protect his public reputation by counter suing?

I just want to be sure we are talking about the same guy because I would fly out to see him make that claim to a judge with a straight face.

I just want to be sure we are talking about the same guy because I would fly out to see him make that claim to a judge with a straight face.

Did I mention that dead beat dads suck?

S

Is this the same guy that was convicted of Scheming to Defraud which I believe is a Class E Felony in the State of NY?

What exactly is his public reputation right now? According to public records all I can find is a conviction involving over $30,000 in funds stolen in a forgery scheme with many of the victims being children?

Okay...one time for the sckao.

He will never convince the comic collecting community at large that he is not a scam artist.

Edited by comicalgems

S

That's right. There's almost a zero chance of success that DD would ever succeed in any counter suit and that it wouldn't be tossed on summary judgment or before. You have indeed, completely misunderstood the situation of the parties and their respective ability to succeed on the merits, even in this hypothetical.

S

That's right. There's almost a zero chance of success that DD would ever succeed in any counter suit and that it wouldn't be tossed on summary judgment or before. You have indeed, completely misunderstood the situation of the parties and their respective ability to succeed on the merits, even in this hypothetical.

The notion of Danny suing for injury to his reputation? :roflmao:

S

The notion of Danny suing for injury to his reputation? :roflmao:

We could all fly out to witness the hearing in person, maybe go out to dinner afterwards. We could make it like a de facto CGC forum convention dinner, without the convention. The entertainment value alone would be worth the plane ticket to me.

After reading this thread, I've learned one thing. If you're going to get in an argument on a comic chat board, you better know what the heck you're talking about, because geeks are smart. I thought I could hold my own with my 87 I.Q., but alas...no.

Oh, and I'm going to bid on sckao's lot. Just because it has a Yukon Jack ad on the back cover.