• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction FUNDRAISER
2 2

607 posts in this topic

Let me please make clear to everyone that the reference to putting Dupcak out of business has absolutely nothing to do with whether his subjective grading is different (higher or lower) than CGC or for any type of competitive reasons.

The reason why the activities of Dupcak, among numerous dealers/sellers, has come to be the focus of our attention is that he has engaged for years in suspected or proven fraudulent/illegal activities that specifically stains our hobby. While his criminal conviction involved forgeries within the sports collectible business, rest assured his activities pertained to comics as well, and of course still do.

Let me please make clear to everyone that the reference to putting Dupcak out of business has absolutely nothing to do with whether his subjective grading is different (higher or lower) than CGC or for any type of competitive reasons.

What? I thought that this was the plan, and that next we were all going to go after ebay sellers whose blurry pictures suggested their comics were of a higher grade than they actually are!

What? I thought that this was the plan, and that next we were all going to go after ebay sellers whose blurry pictures suggested their comics were of a higher grade than they actually are!

That would unfortunately require a life-long commitment of time!

Less than 24 hours until the end of the auctions. I really appreciate all of the forumites who have bid on books.

I encourage everyone to please consider bidding and helping this cause. It is also not too late to donate books. We will be having future auctions depending upon how things turn out during the course of the litigation.

Thanks! :applause:

Shiverbones just added a fantastic lot to the auction.

As he described it, the auction is for:

"this painting, which is part of my upcoming series of ACEO trading cards "Vile Valentines" with a printed copy of the card as well as this Ink drawing used for a recent Halloween die cut (With a set of 3 die cuts it comes with). Let's start the bid at $100, and end it Friday the 15th at 9:00 EST"

The printed pieces alone have a value of $30, and the original art another $200 or so.

The auction can be found here.

4235826028_76e0b34478_o.jpg

4188768248_902acb96e5_o.jpg

and the drawing with the die cut it was used for...

4271092588_a32ec3eaf6_o.jpg

4260670524_4148239d3b_o.jpg