• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction FUNDRAISER
2 2

607 posts in this topic

I could fire off a rant about why this whole "Get Danny to pay child support" thing is out of place considering we're not a coalition of people out to get dead beat dads any more than we are an alliance to end domestic abuse...

The same here, and lately with all these forum drives, social conscience and never-ending charity auctions, it seems that the CGC Forums needs a new logo:

Luckily for you, you always have some excuse why you can't contribute to any fundraisers around here. It's either bad timing or you don't agree or :blahblah: So it must just be upsetting to see all these other board members getting suckered into giving money or books for what you, in a never ending fit of superiority, deem to be unworthy causes. Would that we could all be like you.

And is that a bad thing? ???

No, and I give to charities a lot, including a direct withdrawal at work for United Way, but as the saying goes, there can be too much of a good thing.

I hit the forums for a break from real life, to talk/argue/etc. funny books, and I would imagine I'm not alone. When real bad news hits a member of our community, I'm all for a discussion and help (like with Nik's untimely passing) but I also think running a Forum Auction for someone's second cousin is going a bit too far.

I have to admit JC, I think you absolutely have something there Joe. And I think that the response was somewhat reflective of that sentiment.

Now that being said, I also think that there's some nobility in Mark's efforts, and if it will genuinely lead to the discovery of information, I don't want to be overly negative about it either. But again, you're expressing a fair point.

I could fire off a rant about why this whole "Get Danny to pay child support" thing is out of place considering we're not a coalition of people out to get dead beat dads any more than we are an alliance to end domestic abuse...

The same here, and lately with all these forum drives, social conscience and never-ending charity auctions, it seems that the CGC Forums needs a new logo:

Luckily for you, you always have some excuse why you can't contribute to any fundraisers around here. It's either bad timing or you don't agree or :blahblah: So it must just be upsetting to see all these other board members getting suckered into giving money or books for what you, in a never ending fit of superiority, deem to be unworthy causes. Would that we could all be like you.

I'm in a never ending fit of superiority?

I think if he ever gets outed for all the things he's allegedly done it'll make a great book/movie deal and his child support can come from that.

here's a way to solve two problems: have nick cage produce and star in the movie on D's story.

1] pay off nick's increasing debt and

2] get bail money for danny.

RobojoCop anyone?

I think if he ever gets outed for all the things he's allegedly done it'll make a great book/movie deal and his child support can come from that.

here's a way to solve two problems: have nick cage produce and star in the movie on D's story.

RobojoCop anyone?

I like where this is going...except no bail money...child support.

Pay attention to who I was quoting.

RobojoCop anyone?

agreed...I made a fiscal mistep there :devil:

That warm breeze you feel wafting by with the faint smell of brimstone is the Gates of Hell beginning to swing open. Thanks for opening the Gates of Hell, Transplant. :taptaptap:

Pay attention to who I was quoting.

I thought you were lumping me in since both quote boxes were there...please excuse my stepping into your piddle.

RobojoCop anyone?

The upside from the action figure line could be huge.

Danny Dupcak standard issue figure comes with laptop and hammer accessory.

Arctic DD comes with snow boots and color touch pen.

Desert DD comes with blowup doll accessory for a true Triple D experience.

Airborne DD comes with parachute made out of purple labels.

What DD figures would the rest of you like to see?

RobojoCop anyone?

The upside from the action figure line could be huge.

Danny Dupcak standard issue figure comes with laptop and hammer accessory.

Arctic DD comes with snow boots and color touch pen.

Desert DD comes with blowup doll accessory for a true Triple D experience.

Airborne DD comes with parachute made out of purple labels.

What DD figures would the rest of you like to see?

hmmm....well, given the history from the last few years, there might already be -

InvisoDD - completely clear and coated with an accusation proof NASA polymer :roflmao:

I have been a bit checked out of Comic General lately and can't believe I missed this thread and the auctions. I will follow up with something for you Mark.

In the meantime, thank you for your generous doantion of time and your efforts to gather information about the business practices of one of the hobby's worst. That is a cause that benefits all of us in the hobby if it limits Danny's ability to scam in the future or if he is held fully accountable for his past scams.

And thank you for your support of Jan and her son.

You don't need to be in this thread if you are going to be so negative, without any proof, about his ex-wife and kid.

Steve, you need to reread my comment, rather than just skimming it and firing off like a drunken sailor. doh!

I am simply wondering, as others have as well - including several lawyers, if Jan and Danny Jr are the clients, why Mark is seeking to gather evidence against their 'source of income", curtailing it greatly, or possibly ending it totally if Danny actually gets jail time.

The thread title is: It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction, which leaves no question as to the purpose of the money spent. It's not "let's get Danny to fulfill his familial obligations" as you would expect in a child support case...

If Jan "needs the money" as you put it, why are you supporting Mark's quest to 'get" that source of income? It looks as if Jan and her child are being used as pawns in all this, and that doesn't seem right.

I was questioning this:

[font:Arial Black]People can spend their money any way they choose, and other lawyers have brought up the obvious ethical issues (like what if Danny goes to jail, thereby cutting off all support?), but I'm getting the feeling that since "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", no one really gives a rat's butt about Little Danny Jr in all this. [/font]

Something good "might happen". You have no reason to slam the people you do not know. I give a "rat's butt" about the kid. Your remarks were not needed or nice.

You don't need to be in this thread if you are going to be so negative, without any proof, about his ex-wife and kid.

Steve, you need to reread my comment, rather than just skimming it and firing off like a drunken sailor. doh!

I am simply wondering, as others have as well - including several lawyers, if Jan and Danny Jr are the clients, why Mark is seeking to gather evidence against their 'source of income", curtailing it greatly, or possibly ending it totally if Danny actually gets jail time.

The thread title is: It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction, which leaves no question as to the purpose of the money spent. It's not "let's get Danny to fulfill his familial obligations" as you would expect in a child support case...

If Jan "needs the money" as you put it, why are you supporting Mark's quest to 'get" that source of income? It looks as if Jan and her child are being used as pawns in all this, and that doesn't seem right.

I was questioning this:

[font:Arial Black]People can spend their money any way they choose, and other lawyers have brought up the obvious ethical issues (like what if Danny goes to jail, thereby cutting off all support?), but I'm getting the feeling that since "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", no one really gives a rat's butt about Little Danny Jr in all this. [/font]

Something good "might happen. You have no reason to slam the people you do not know. I give a "rat's butt" about the kid. Your remarks were not needed or nice.

Steve -

Don't get sucked in. You know he's a turd. He's been a turd since the get-go. He's got some good stuff to say (on certain things). Other times (re: most), he's a total pecker. Everyone knows it. Don't even waste your time. He's not going to change. He'll never take the high road. He'll always be a pe nis.

I was questioning this:

Something good "might happen. You have no reason to slam the people you do not know. I give a "rat's butt" about the kid. Your remarks were not needed or nice.

Steve -

Don't get sucked in. You know he's a turd. He's been a turd since the get-go. He's got some good stuff to say (on certain things). Other times (re: most), he's a total pecker. Everyone knows it. Don't even waste your time. He's not going to change. He'll never take the high road. He'll always be a pe nis.

If only Steve had gotten JC banned from the boards when he had the ability to do so. :(

firstly, Mark's thread title is a bit melodramatic, and isn't really germane to the immediate issue.

which is, of course, helping Jan get an increase in her child support. in order to do so, it must be shown that he is making a lot more money than he is claiming.

the 'put him out of business' thing comes later. at least that's how i read it

Sal is absolutely right. The title was just a title to give a little flavor, and is the final objective of many along the way.

Of course, the primary objective - which I am ethically obligated to pursue and am not hesitating to do so through the volunteering of thousands of dollars of my time (which is already in the five figures, as well as having donated money) - is to obtain increased child support for Jan's son. But by doing so we are also obtaining crucial evidence about Danny's selling activity which will be used against him.

This community talks a lot about the desire to rid itself of the fraudulent players who give collecting/dealing a bad name, and who leave a spoiled taste for this hobby in the mouths of the victims. I hate seeing that happen so I am trying to use those skills I have to do whatever I can to help that effort and prevent it.

With all due respect, I am not here to answer the ethical queries of board members, whether they be attorneys or not, or respond to criticism of those who seem to have nothing better to do but complain. I do appreciate those who have expressed sincere questions. Of course, if people want to question my ethics or motives, I can't stop them from doing so, but you won't get a rise out of me or responses.

I will simply say again that after nearly 20 years of practicing law I am well aware of my ethical obligations and my client is fully on board with every strategic decision that is being made. For one thing, she has been reading this very publicly available thread the entire time.

Obviously there are decisions being made and strategies being developed that I can not, and will not, publicly reveal, particularly because Danny, and presumably his attorneys, are reading this thread daily.

With that said, Jan and I again thank everyone who has participated in the auctions, who has donated money or who has simply voiced words of support and encouragement. (thumbs u

I have been a bit checked out of Comic General lately and can't believe I missed this thread and the auctions. I will follow up with something for you Mark.

In the meantime, thank you for your generous doantion of time and your efforts to gather information about the business practices of one of the hobby's worst. That is a cause that benefits all of us in the hobby if it limits Danny's ability to scam in the future or if he is held fully accountable for his past scams.

And thank you for your support of Jan and her son.

(thumbs u

We will likely, depending on what happens in the court proceedings, hold future auctions. In the interim, any type of donation, whether financial or in the form of comics that I can sell to raise funds, would be greatly appreciated. Financial donations can be sent via paypal (through the personal option if possible) to ZaidMS@aol.com.

If you wish to donate books, just PM me and we'll coordinate.

:hi:

And is that a bad thing? ???

No, and I give to charities a lot, including a direct withdrawal at work for United Way, but as the saying goes, there can be too much of a good thing.

I hit the forums for a break from real life, to talk/argue/etc. funny books, and I would imagine I'm not alone. When real bad news hits a member of our community, I'm all for a discussion and help (like with Nik's untimely passing) but I also think running a Forum Auction for someone's second cousin is going a bit too far.

Hey Vince, Just a little curious, did you ever donate anything to Nik's auction? hm