• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Comics Announces Brightest Day

26 posts in this topic

A 26 issue series that is supposed to ship every other week. Why can't DC just stay away from weekly books? I'm glad to read that Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi will be writing it though

uh...they are...

:baiting:

Depending on how BN finally wraps up I might be enthusiastic about this.

Don't know that I'm going to run out and get all the BD crossovers for books I don't read, though.

So far they've announced BD JLA, Titans and Flash as well as the expected GL and GLC.

Whether the book comes out every week, or every other week instead of monthly, I just hope that it's a solid book.

I remember when 52 started coming out after Infinite Crisis and it was okay at the beginning, but after a little while it became a chore to read, and I think that was the case for every other weekly series that followed.

I hope this is better.

Whether the book comes out every week, or every other week instead of monthly, I just hope that it's a solid book.

I remember when 52 started coming out after Infinite Crisis and it was okay at the beginning, but after a little while it became a chore to read, and I think that was the case for every other weekly series that followed.

I hope this is better.

i personally thought 52 was incredibly excellent. that world war 3 thing was ehh, and countdown was awful.

It's probably going to be a pretty typical theme (especially in books).

Evil lost and now the pure good (White Lanterns) will try to eradicate all evil. In doing so, the lines between good and evil are in question.

Pat

It's probably going to be a pretty typical theme (especially in books).

Evil lost and now the pure good (White Lanterns) will try to eradicate all evil. In doing so, the lines between good and evil are in question.

Pat

So if I want to skip it I can read Infinity War followed by Infinity Crusade then just imagine it's Green Lantern saving the day and not Adam Warlock?

The more I read Dan DiDio interviews talking about this, the more he talks about the 26 issues thing and nothing about the plot, artists or whatever.

I'll pass on it.

i think i'll give geoff johns the credit he deserves and wait until it comes out before i decide...but thats just me.

The more I read Dan DiDio interviews talking about this, the more he talks about the 26 issues thing and nothing about the plot, artists or whatever.

I'll pass on it.

i think i'll give geoff johns the credit he deserves and wait until it comes out before i decide...but thats just me.

I love most of Johns' work, but in this case, I feel Johns will not be the 'lead' writer of it. Yes, it's his name... maybe the main idea could be his too... but I smell to much 'DiDio taste' on the recipe.