• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carbonaro One-Day Show - 2/27/10 - NY Armory

118 posts in this topic

I just heard about this one day show last week.

Mike Carbo’s New York Comic Book Marketplace

Saturday, Feb 27, 2010

The State Armory, 69 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY

Been to the armory before, but not for a comic show. I'll likely attend this one...

Hey im going to this show but its the first time ive ever gone to this is it good? im only asking cause its about a 5 hour drive lol i live about 45 min south of boston MA

Ummm, put the car in park and go back inside if this show is the only reason you're driving to NYC from Boston....

:tonofbricks:

Hey im going to this show but its the first time ive ever gone to this is it good? im only asking cause its about a 5 hour drive lol i live about 45 min south of boston MA

Ummm, put the car in park and go back inside if this show is the only reason you're driving to NYC from Boston....

:tonofbricks:

Agreed.

It's a nice one day show but not worth a 5 hour drive.

Let me offer a slightly different opinion. While 5 hours is a long way to drive, if you are a serious vintage collector I think it may be worth it.

The last one day show Carbonaro put on in June was a huge success and had a number of dealers.

This is an opportunity to see several major dealers after literally months off from the convention scene. It's a slightly shorter drive for me (4 hours) but I am most certainly making the trip.

ya there isnt a show around MA till april (boston comic con) but IMHO it isnt even that great i guess its like this, i go to everyshow around here and i know what everybody has memorized so its boring thats why i wanted to check this NY show out cause there would b different vendors and if all else fails walking around NY is kinda fun too

Let me offer a slightly different opinion. While 5 hours is a long way to drive, if you are a serious vintage collector I think it may be worth it.

The last one day show Carbonaro put on in June was a huge success and had a number of dealers.

This is an opportunity to see several major dealers after literally months off from the convention scene. It's a slightly shorter drive for me (4 hours) but I am most certainly making the trip.

Yeah, but you're Hard Core!! (:

ya there isnt a show around MA till april (boston comic con) but IMHO it isnt even that great i guess its like this, i go to everyshow around here and i know what everybody has memorized so its boring thats why i wanted to check this NY show out cause there would b different vendors and if all else fails walking around NY is kinda fun too

If you are seriously thinking of going, take the Chinatown bus. It will cut down on your expenses and wear and tear on your car, plus gas. Ergo more money to spend on comics, round-trip should set you back about $20 or so.