• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carbonaro One-Day Show - 2/27/10 - NY Armory

118 posts in this topic

This may be a dumb question but i heard its gonna snow like 5 inches or more on Sat could this show get cancelled or no ( im only asking cause im coming from MA)

I highly doubt it would be cancelled. A dealer or two might not make it in maybe, but that's about the only impact I would guess. Guest no shows might be higher than usual too.

Just think though if it's a smaller than usual crowd, that's less competition for you!

Sienkiewicz is one of my "targets" as well, but in my experience his participation at these shows is never a sure thing until he enters the room. I NEVER count on him being there but treat it as a pleasant surprise when I do see him.

Question: the FAQ on the website says doors are open 10-7 but the flyer says 10:30. Which is correct?

I may be wrong but i just heard they got like 16 inches of snow and more to come and roads closing i sure hope this ends up not getting cancelled im really mad that ive been waiting for this show for so long and now this happens aaarrrrrrrrggggg

In the city we haven't gotten any accumulation yet. Well, I haven't been outside in a couple hours, but as of leaving work it was just a thin layer of slush. It's been a bit too warm for the snow to stick. In Jersey I've heard they're getting real inches.

I will say that it's likely going to affect attendance -- since it is going to be nasty, nasty Saturday as well, but I doubt it will be bad enough that Carbo will be forced to cancel outright.

That said, if it's krappy, what else is there to do but go to a comic show!

Are you going Foolkiller? I want to be in the same room as a guy who held the first million dollar comic.

haha

Yes, I will be there... all day, bright and early.

I trust you have not yet washed your hands?

I got to hold the 6.5 last year, which was pretty cool.