• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Thats not what I read. (shrug)

I see a member vocally calling for Brent's resignation.

Read it again. It's for another issue, not the pressing business. And the person clearly states he thinks Brent should step down as Chairman, but not leave the group.

....Corruption is like a ball of snow, once it's set a rolling it must increase. .... :banana:

...it's nice to see you guys are all still eating each other up like hungry cannibals at a free buffet,....

:roflmao:

Brent will not be banished from the NOD for starting a pressing service. He did ask how us Board of Directors felt via telephone about this matter before going public with the service. He was given our blessing.

I am not going to get into what is right and wrong with pressing, against pressing, and NOD. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

What I do believe is that a President or Leader of any company or organization needs to set an example for their employees, members, or whomever they are responsible for as a whole. A decision must be made at all times whether that person who is one of the faces of your organization is actually helping the cause or making it more difficult to gets their goals/views across.

I don’t know Brent, so I am not directly any bad vibes at him. That’s not my intentions.

NOD members need to ask themselves since Brent is now offering a “Pressing Service” does that help NOD cause or makes it less credible.

It’s up to the members to vote and determine.

SOT knows the answer, but Brent pressing books doesn’t affect me what so ever. :ohnoez:

Good luck NOD.

I'd kick him out on his arse.

My opinion on this matter is that I have no opinion.

However, if I were to borrow an adage from the financial markets...."when the most pessimistic of bears turns bullish, its time to sell."

When a Chairman of NOD starts a pressing service, especially in a market that has experienced such sharp decreases in prices (at least for the common stuff), maybe the end is near for pressing as a profitable endeavor on all but the most uncommon of books?

Just a thought.

Best of luck in your endeavor's Brent, hope this thing works out well. (thumbs u

Steve B, isn't it your position on books you have sold in this forum that you won't actively disclose if a book has been pressed or not?

What does that to do with anything?

Steve's position is that he doesn't know if the book has been pressed or not. It may have been pressed. It may not have been pressed.

Let's say Steve has thirty New Mutants 98s. He sends them in under a 9.8 pre-screen. Twenty come back 9.8s without being pressed. He sends the other ten off to get pressed and then re-submits them. He gets eight more 9.8s.

Steve's place looks like a comic bomb went off in it. All the New Mutants 98 9.8s get mixed together. He can't remember which ones have been pressed and which ones haven't. Therefore, the book may have been pressed or it may not have pressed. It isn't a matter of not actively disclosing.

My point is will he actively disclose if he knows a book has been pressed? I may be wrong but I got the impression that he couldn't be bothered.

That be true, but it's his decision. If it bothers someone, then they have the option of not doing business with him. I think he made that quite clear as well.

Yeah that about says it all. I'd rather do business with Marnin any day of the week.