• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

I agree with what you said, right up until this part. Richard didn't/doesn't want to join as evidenced by what he said at the time and the fact that he won't join now that the individual/dealer logo issue is moot.

Mike,

How do you know what I do or do not want to do?

I did want to join then. But I knew full well that I wouldn't be allowed to because of the way the organization was set up.

I don't want to join NOD now because the organization is useless in my opinion.

But I'd happily join NOD if it were something worth joining.

Make it so :wishluck:

I apologize my friend, not trying to speak your inner thoughts. (It's a dark, scary place in there.) But I would argue that, at the time, you did not want to join the NOD in its then current iteration, requiring display of the logo for any sales of comics. So what you were wanting to join was an organization that didn't exist at the time. I still believe that the NOD would be better off with you as a member. But I weighed in then that you shouldn't be allowed to join under the then current rules.

As for making it a place worth joining, I'm afraid I've never pulled my weight doing anything for the group. I think some changes are coming that may convince you, but I also think I've been saying that for awhile.

I'll even quote you a little out of context to bolster my argument:

Transplant, as I told both the NOD folks I talked to today, they need to utilize your considerable insight. Your posts have always hit the point.

I agree with what you said, right up until this part. Richard didn't/doesn't want to join as evidenced by what he said at the time and the fact that he won't join now that the individual/dealer logo issue is moot.

Mike,

How do you know what I do or do not want to do?

I did want to join then. But I knew full well that I wouldn't be allowed to because of the way the organization was set up.

I don't want to join NOD now because the organization is useless in my opinion.

But I'd happily join NOD if it were something worth joining.

Make it so :wishluck:

I apologize my friend, not trying to speak your inner thoughts. (It's a dark, scary place in there.) But I would argue that, at the time, you did not want to join the NOD in its then current iteration, requiring display of the logo for any sales of comics. So what you were wanting to join was an organization that didn't exist at the time. I still believe that the NOD would be better off with you as a member. But I weighed in then that you shouldn't be allowed to join under the then current rules.

As for making it a place worth joining, I'm afraid I've never pulled my weight doing anything for the group. I think some changes are coming that may convince you, but I also think I've been saying that for awhile.

Oh great, more change we can believe in.

Transplant, as I told both the NOD folks I talked to today, they need to utilize your considerable insight. Your posts have always hit the point.

How long have you been holding on to that tidbit? :preach:

I've always remembered it since it strikes me as something of great insight. I just went back to the original thread on too-tall's membership.

I've always remembered it since it strikes me as something of great insight. I just went back to the original thread on too-tall's membership.

I'll play:

Like Ford vs. Chevy, or Coke vs. Pepsi, this thread really highlights the difference between golden age Timely and DC. I like my heroes storming castles and blowing stuff up, not playing tug-of-war and hugging. But that is just me.

Lip service.

willing to press books for anyone, knowing that many will not disclose, he is being an enabler

This is the most important point in all pressing threads: once a book is pressed & set loose upon the world, then the battle for disclosure is lost.

If Brent compiles a digital database with high resolution images of the books that he's pressed, then the majority of these comics can be confirmed as having been pressed in perpetuity, no matter how many times they are subsequently reslabbed and their certification numbers changed.

Under these circumstances, he would be a discloser rather than an enabler.

Then I would hope that he would "disclose" the fact that he is going to do this to his potential customers. Disclosure is and always should be a choice. While I am happy to disclose books that have been pressed, I don't think you can dictate this to others.

Ok, so read the first several pages of posts and skipped ahead.

Admidiatly, I've only been in the hobby for a little over a year and a half. I also didn't buy books from any where other than ebay and a LCS until I found the boards this past summer.

What I don't get is why does it matter if a books been pressed?? If you truely can't detect it (unlike color touch-ups, rebuilding the pages, etc.), who effing cares?

And what the heck is NOD? (shrug)

Ok, so read the first several pages of posts and skipped ahead.

Admidiatly, I've only been in the hobby for a little over a year and a half. I also didn't buy books from any where other than ebay and a LCS until I found the boards this past summer.

What I don't get is why does it matter if a books been pressed?? If you truely can't detect it (unlike color touch-ups, rebuilding the pages, etc.), who effing cares?

And what the heck is NOD? (shrug)

Oh GOD.

doh!