• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Page count

12 posts in this topic

When it comes to inspecting comics after buying them, I realized that in the past, I have neglected the page count of comics too much. Ok, I flipped through every book I bought but i never really counted pages. And just flipping through a book doesn't guarantee anything.

How many pages do comics have in every Age? A long time it was 32 if I'm correct.

I feel like a newcomer at the moment :tonofbricks::frustrated:

When it comes to inspecting comics after buying them, I realized that in the past, I have neglected the page count of comics too much. Ok, I flipped through every book I bought but i never really counted pages. And just flipping through a book doesn't guarantee anything.

How many pages do comics have in every Age? A long time it was 32 if I'm correct.

I've posted this before , recently. This is THE best reference, you get used to it after a bit. . Comics.org is good as well. The tough ones are the ones that have a varied page count, different pages on each side of the staple, usually 28 pages.

Good luck:)

Golden Age Index

Golden Age varies a lot. Some had 68, some 52, some 48, etc. Some even have a different number of pages before the centerfold and after the centerfold.

Almost every regular-sized US comic from about 1952-present has 36 pages including the covers.

Actually Tony, I believe there are a few in 1952 that had that same split page count, and some with 40 pages. They are DCs.

I've posted this before , recently. This is THE best reference, you get used to it after a bit. . Comics.org is good as well. The tough ones are the ones that have a varied page count, different pages on each side of the staple, usually 28 pages.

Good luck:)

Golden Age Index

(worship)

Thank you so much SPB. I've been looking for this for years. I was at a shop looking at some beat GA books and the owner pulled out a hardcopy of this. I've been looking for it ever since.

When I inspect a book (I collect Silver Age Marvel), I just count 8 pages to the centrefold (check staples) and then 8 to the back. "8 counts" while inspecting for flaws does not overtax my mathematical brain.