• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man gets a new director

73 posts in this topic

Spike Jonze, McG, Antoine Fuqua all got started directing videos. It's how Hollywood finds new directing talent these days.

Russell Mulcahy had only done music videos until he directed Highlander..so it's possible for lighting to strike here, I definitely hold out hope :)

I'm always surprised to see how long these threads go without saying the actual name of the person they're talking about. The same thing happened with the first thread to mention that Blake Lively was cast in the Green Lantern movie...about 10 posts bashing her before I even knew who we were bashing. Of course, I didn't go to the link right away.

Just to see how far this goes, I won't mention who the subject is here.

A new director trying to make a name for theirself ? Maybe some new and innovative techniques ? The main concern for me is whether he respects the franchise....and hopefully will be able, somehow, to keep the Vulture out of the movie. The Vulture was one of my favorites in the comics....but he IS something of a "one trick pony".GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Spike Jonze, McG, Antoine Fuqua all got started directing videos. It's how Hollywood finds new directing talent these days.

2 out of 3 are good. I will smite thee with a garden rake (the metal kind) if you are saying you like McG's work.

Charlies Angels, and if that wasn't enough to gouge your own eyes out or put you into a seizure because it's 2 hours of 1.5 second jump cuts....he came back for Charlies Angels: Full Throttle Suckage.

If the guy can't save a film with Lucy Liu in 19 different tight fitting costumes there is no hope for him.

He's a white guy from Kalmazoo Michigan, who goes by the name McG. This is one case where you could tell the book from the cover.