• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FeeBay seller insanity. Who wants to have some fun???

81 posts in this topic

I couldn't resist either. ebay question:

just wondering if you'd be willing to do a "buy it now" for this comic?

:signfunny:

Got a quick response:

Another person is asking the same question for this item at 8,000. If you can beat that, it is yours. Thanks for your time.

- lstrose

Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

Pretty good deal if you ask me!

lol

:hi:

Here's the response I got:

"Yes, I guess we could part with it for that amount. Payment needs to be made to Paypal before a bid was made. We will then remove the item once payment is received. I warn you however, that you are not the only one asking for buy now. Thanks for your time."

My reply:

"If you edit it to be a Buy It Now, then you can make instant payment through Paypal be a requirement. I don't want to circumvent the eBay rules. It's against the rules to do a transaction off eBay. Looking forward to purchasing this book from you!"

Now the seller has changed the description on the 1st auction. I think it used to say "pristine" condition. Someone must have tipped him off that it does not exactly qualify as "pristine" after looking at the photo.

Now it reads:

"Rare and nicely preserved condition war comic book featuring Unknown Soldier vs. German Nazi's, vintage artwork."

This is priceless. And now he is trying to get a boardie to pay him offline to avoid FeeBay fees? Let's keep on this guy please, without seeming too obvious that we are on to him.

I haven't laughed this hard in weeks. :kidaround:

Got a quick response:

Another person is asking the same question for this item at 8,000. If you can beat that, it is yours. Thanks for your time.

- lstrose

lol

"Yes, I guess we could part with it for that amount. Payment needs to be made to Paypal before a bid was made. We will then remove the item once payment is received. I warn you however, that you are not the only one asking for buy now. Thanks for your time."

My reply:

"If you edit it to be a Buy It Now, then you can make instant payment through Paypal be a requirement. I don't want to circumvent the eBay rules. It's against the rules to do a transaction off eBay. Looking forward to purchasing this book from you!"

"Ok will do in a minute. Thanks!"

Does this make me a bad person....? :angel:

God, I hate eBay. I hate eBay with an all consuming passion that cannot be quenched, though my mouth be at the headwaters of the river Euphrates...

Tried to report the e-mail to buy off eBay...now, eBay has a "smart" (which is really idiotic, and designed to keep people from pestering them) system that won't let you through until you ask them "just the right question."

For that reason, and that reason alone, I hope Meg Whitman loses anything she may be considering doing in the next, oh, 9 months or so.

OK, I just asked the guy this question through the 1st auction:

"Wow! Cool comic and looks to be in very nice shape for it's age. I know Nazi memorabilia can be pretty valuable and this would make a smart investment. There probably aren't many copies of this comic from the 1970s that have survived to 2010! Since this is an original 1975 copy I have no doubt that your starting price is pretty reasonable. Where did you find such a treasure? I am really interested, but must say that your shipping charge seems pretty outrageous for a comic book, as valuable as it seems. Anyway, any more information you can provide me on this rare comic would be great, including some larger photos. Thanks,

J"

Too over the top? This is more fun than prime-time TV. :popcorn:

Got a quick response:

- lstrose

lol

My reply:

"Ok will do in a minute. Thanks!"

Does this make me a bad person....? :angel:

No, you are just teaching him a lesson that the legitimate comic collecting community does not take kindly to predators.

"Wow! Cool comic and looks to be in very nice shape for it's age. I know Nazi memorabilia can be pretty valuable and this would make a smart investment. There probably aren't many copies of this comic from the 1970s that have survived to 2010! Since this is an original 1975 copy I have no doubt that your starting price is pretty reasonable. Where did you find such a treasure? I am really interested, but must say that your shipping charge seems pretty outrageous for a comic book, as valuable as it seems. Anyway, any more information you can provide me on this rare comic would be great, including some larger photos. Thanks,

J"

hahaha ^^

J"

hahaha ^^

I thought he might catch on when I jokingly mentioned that his opening bid seemed reasonable at $10,000.01 but the $18 for shipping seemed high, but no!

here is the seller's response:

"The shipping is to protect your investment or interest. It will be insured. I must warn you though, we have a buyer who wants to buy now for 8,000 and we are considering. If you can beat that by the time I change my listing to buy now then its yours.

- lstrose"

This gets better and better. :popcorn:

Hi there,

What's the shipping to England?

Shipping for 2-5 days is about 70 US Dollars.

$70 for a raw book to Blighty? hm So we should be teaching this nob a lesson should we?

One lesson coming up :censored:

I decided I had to join in. I asked about picking it up in person and then added a twist because I am just another mean person.

Hi: if I win this can I pick it up in person. I think you can understand how I would not want this to get damaged or lost in the mail. Also, the comic has no cut out ads or panels right? I would not want to get there and find out something is missing. Most of the older comics that have Nazi images have panels that were cut out that and then sold individually. Your description makes no mention of any missing panels and if the comic is totally intact it would be a rare find indeed. thanks