• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the current best Super-Hero comic being produced on a monthly basis?

23 posts in this topic

Best straight up "Super-Hero" book right now, is Fantastic Four. Mark Waid is working magic on the book! Great stuff! acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Chris

I must admit Waid has me looking forward to each new issue. OMG he disfigured Reed's face! shocked.gif He killed the Thing! 893whatthe.gif Don't know how he is gonna make things right again, but it makes for interesting reading. What is next, breast augmentation for the Invisible Woman to ride the Janet Jackson frenzy? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ultimates
you did say monthly correct?

allthough its supposed(is it?) to be a monthly book, it tends to come out whenever it wants to

o___o

still gotta pick up 2-8 before i give them all a read

current FF = thumbsup2.gif

#509 was amazing

X-statix used to be, seems as if they are picking up steam again. Cant wait to see the vs avengers issues. DD and Hulk are damn good. X-men would be in here if i could figure out what the heck is going on? Dont know if GIJoe would count here but lately that book has been all that including the Cobra Reborn orgin title.

Rather than pick a title, or maybe one from Marvel & one from DC I would rather pick the best writers working for the big two on superhero comics:

For Marvel... Brian Michael Bendis for Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Alias/Pulse, Secret War

For DC... Geoff Johns for JSA, Hawkman, Teen Titans and Flash.

Kev

You were not bothered that it was a rip off of the movie The Ring ? Or was it more like a parody tribute? So what happens now with Henrietta Hunter?

Henrietta was "case closed", no? And no, I don't mind the Ring-esque nature of the story... particularly because they made a joke of it, the cover was very obviously derivative of it, and it was just a damned fun read. Besides, how can ANY Marvel reader be pissed about knock-off stories? Read an "Ultimate" book lately? 27_laughing.gif

HERO is a great title! Very entertaining and quirky! The current arc (acutally, I think it's only 2 issues) has your "typical" constuction worker (you know, the guy that cat-calls the pretty girl that walks by the site) find the "Dial-er" and it transforms him into a Liefeld-esque Super-Heroine. shocked.gif

Chris

I'll second the Flash and Superman/Batman. The part in issue 4 where Batman asks Billy Batson his name is great. For Marvel, my vote is for USM. Morrison's New X-Men has been a good read also. I picked it up based on another forumites recommendation. Haven't regretted it at all. Read I am most looking forward to is Conan. Issue 0 showed a lot of promise. I think they chose a good artist for the character and Busiek is a great writer.

Russ

Ultimates
you did say monthly correct?

allthough its supposed(is it?) to be a monthly book, it tends to come out whenever it wants to

o___o

still gotta pick up 2-8 before i give them all a read

current FF = thumbsup2.gif

#509 was amazing

You got me. BTW when is Kevin Smith's DD/Bullseye #2 comic out? or is it Spider-man/Blackcat he didn't finish?

You know, despite being an admitted Marvel zombie, I have greatly enjoyed Superman/Batman, and look forward to each issue. Man, Loeb can write a great story... thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Agreed: Loeb's S/B is much better than Hush!