• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To the ComicLink listing bumpers--I CURSE THEEEEE

51 posts in this topic

rantrant For months and months and months and months, maybe a year or more, some insufficiently_thoughtful_person has been bumping their stupid overpriced Modern Fantastic Four 9.8 comics to the top of the recent listings by just editing the listing a little every few days. If whoever is doing that is reading this, might I say that I wish a pox upon thee for thy selfishly idiotic and spammy techniques to get your stupid listing more views. Thou art scum, and if your comic were right here in front of me right now, I'd smash the case with a hammer and rip the comic up into pieces. :sumo::pullhair: :pullhair:

That's brilliant tactic. I think I'm going to start doing it to get my Wolverine 50's bumped to the top of the list.

:D

rantrant For months and months and months and months, maybe a year or more, some insufficiently_thoughtful_person has been bumping their stupid overpriced Modern Fantastic Four 9.8 comics to the top of the recent listings by just editing the listing a little every few days. If whoever is doing that is reading this, might I say that I wish a pox upon thee for thy selfishly idiotic and spammy techniques to get your stupid listing more views. Thou art scum, and if your comic were right here in front of me right now, I'd smash the case with a hammer and rip the comic up into pieces. :sumo::pullhair: :pullhair:

Yup, the Charlton Primus books, Warriors of Plasm, FFs, all get bumped every few days. I thought Clink had a policy against this.

Does anyone even collect "Go-Go" anyway!?!? :pullhair:

RAD78803200977_13332.jpg

And this guy with his "washed out" scans:

RADEFC4C2010125_1531.jpg

And this guy might not have to recycle his listings all the time if he bought a scanner!?!?! doh!

RAD036D82010116_134758.jpg

And this guy might not have to recycle his listings all the time if he bought a scanner!?!?! doh!

RAD036D82010116_134758.jpg

He might not have to recycle them if they weren't priced so ridiculously high. Why price a 9.4 twice as high as 9.8s are selling for on eBay?

Yeah, it's pretty annoying to see the same relisted every few days.

+1 This has annoyed me too, it seems to have ramped up over the past year or so, but has been especially bad over the past few months. Hopefully you can get Josh to stop this madness :applause:

if you bring to Josh's attention, he is pretty good about contacting the seller that is doing...

Josh is accomodating but there are so many sellers doing this he needs a technical proactive fix rather than a reactive phone call. I believe some sellers are deleting and relisting as oppossed to a simple edit. It's so easy to list on Comiclink that it is not a problem to delete and relist.

if you bring to Josh's attention, he is pretty good about contacting the seller that is doing...

Josh is accomodating but there are so many sellers doing this he needs a technical proactive fix rather than a reactive phone call. I believe some sellers are deleting and relisting as oppossed to a simple edit. It's so easy to list on Comiclink that it is not a problem to delete and relist.

Are they doing it through some kind of bulk upload feature, or manually one by one?

oh, and I believe some of the guilty folks are actually cgc boardmembers :o

In that case as soon as they all read this thread everything should take care of itself.

:insane:

+1 This has annoyed me too, it seems to have ramped up over the past year or so, but has been especially bad over the past few months. Hopefully you can get Josh to stop this madness :applause:

I emailed them about an hour ago, and a few minutes later, they replied saying they'd contact the seller. :applause:

+2 I've gotten really tired of seeing the ASM 102 9.2 with the corner chip that comes to the top every few days. It's got to the point where I've stopped looking at any 102s that show up on CLink.