• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using Ebay "Feedback Left For Others" to Increase Your Profile and Sales

118 posts in this topic

Straight out polluting other's feedback with lies is hard to laugh at.

Everyone here seems to be looking at how such "improper" feedback will hurt the recipient of the feedback. There is another side to the equation.

Suppose you routinely buy/sell comics on Ebay.

At some point in the past, I sell you a grab-bag of comics, and call it a FF 4 CGC 9.4. It's now on your profile. I haven't affected your entire profile, it's just one line that is buried in the mountain of feedback you have received.

Some potential buyer looks at a comic auction of yours, peruses your feedback, and sees that you have apparently purchased a FF 4 CGC 9.4 some time back. Wow! You must really be a big shot comic dealer! This can actually help you. I have "legitimized" you as a comic book seller.

By saying this, I'm not trying to make things "better", but I reject the notion that I'm necessarily hurting the feedback profile of those who get these "false" feedbacks.

Scumbag? Definitely

If you describe someone who leaves "unconventional" feedback as a "scumbag", what adjective would you use to describe who speeds when they drive?

Actually, I've never paid attention to feedback left for others, but I think I will now.

It's definitely in your interest to do this. You want to avoid folks who only seem to issue negs.

Does anyone see any humour in this?

Before I created this thread, I showed my feedback to a friend and he thought it was hilarious.

It's poor form.

Many people do not look at eBay...or its feedback....warts and all....as a joke. To many people, it is their business and a source of livelihood.

What you've done is not only confusing (what is the feedback for? Who bought it? Who sold it? Sure, that stuff COULD be found out...but not without some difficulty) it's deceptive.

OK. My apologies to everyone for who was offended by my actions and are offended by me.

I invite all interested parties to petition to Ebay to have my transgressions corrected.

Really.

I mean, you guys are quick to condemn.

Are you as quick to help rectify what you condemn?

OK. My apologies to everyone for who was offended by my actions and are offended by me.

I invite all interested parties to petition to Ebay to have my transgressions corrected.

Really.

I mean, you guys are quick to condemn.

Are you as quick to help rectify what you condemn?

Nah, much easier to just block you on ebay (thumbs u

Actually - the time it takes you to post here condemning my behavior is the same time it takes you to email Ebay about the same.

So - you can sit around here and complain and think you are cool complaining.

But you don't walk the walk.

Straight out polluting other's feedback with lies is hard to laugh at.

Everyone here seems to be looking at how such "improper" feedback will hurt the recipient of the feedback. There is another side to the equation.

Suppose you routinely buy/sell comics on Ebay.

At some point in the past, I sell you a grab-bag of comics, and call it a FF 4 CGC 9.4. It's now on your profile. I haven't affected your entire profile, it's just one line that is buried in the mountain of feedback you have received.

Some potential buyer looks at a comic auction of yours, peruses your feedback, and sees that you have apparently purchased a FF 4 CGC 9.4 some time back. Wow! You must really be a big shot comic dealer! This can actually help you. I have "legitimized" you as a comic book seller.

By saying this, I'm not trying to make things "better", but I reject the notion that I'm necessarily hurting the feedback profile of those who get these "false" feedbacks.

It's still lying, a move, and even if you really sold a ff 4 cgc 9.4, the feedback you leave has nothing to do with the buyer, it's all about you. This is very telling of your personality and is a major turn off to a lot of people. Luckily for you, not many people actually look at the feedback left for others. If they did red flags would be flying. You have been told this by pretty much 100% of the thread and refuse to accept it, so do what you want.

Actually - the time it takes you to post here condemning my behavior is the same time it takes you to email Ebay about the same.

So - you can sit around here and complain and think you are cool complaining.

But you don't walk the walk.

You're leaving ridiculous feedback on ebay and thought it was a great idea to create a thread about it here. Much to your dismay, instead of the applause and shouts of "kudos!" I imagine that you expected to receive, you were met with derision and scorn for this obnoxiously self-serving behaviour.

Stunned by this puzzling turn of events, you throw together a nonsensical apology, and suddenly decide that it's everyone else's responsibility to petition ebay on your behalf. When people don't immediately jump to the task, they are accused of not "walking the walk".

Did I miss anything?

You, sir, are definitely a contender for the CGC boards douchebag of the year 2010 award - and it's only January. Keep up the good work (thumbs u

You have been told this by pretty much 100% of the thread and refuse to accept it, so do what you want.

I have accepted a lot in this thread. I have accepted many specific claims and criticisms.

I don't accept many other things, such as:

1. comparisons to DD. If I am equivalent to DD, then please encourage Esquire to launch a lawsuit against me.

2. generic elementary-school insults.

Unlike those here that make broad-sweeping insults, at least I take responsibility for my actions.

But do they?

They sit around criticizing my behavior - but when confronted with the opportunity to do something about it, they choose not to.

Who then, is the most responsible now?

I'm man enough to face my accuser.

This accuser talks the talk.

Let's see if he's man enough to walk the walk.

Report me to Ebay. What's stopping you?

Why can't you see that leaving false feedback on ebay is dishonest and deceptive? The rest of this "talk the talk spoon" is just a turtle and pony show.

I'm man enough to face my accuser.

This accuser talks the talk.

Let's see if he's man enough to walk the walk.

Report me to Ebay. What's stopping you?

I don't think the feedback you are leaving is against eBay guidelines. If feedback like "Enjoy your monthly shipment of Depends" doesn't get removed, I doubt yours will.

I concede it's probably improper and certainly misrepresentative.

Dishonest? Deceptive? It depends on the intent. I may very well never use Ebay ever again (or pretty close to it), so it may not really matter. It should be pretty clear here that I treated it as a fun thing to do. So again, it depends on intent.

That said, for the bystander pundits here, it's just as telling about them that they are so eager to cast aspersions on my behavior, but aren't willing to back it up with any actions.

They can condemn, but they are impotent to back up that condemnation.

I don't think it's unreasonable for me to ask them to man-up to their accusations.

Impotent. Yeah. Not triple-douchebaggery.

You, sir, are definitely a contender for the CGC boards douchebag of the year 2010 award - and it's only January. Keep up the good work (thumbs u

And I nominate you for the CGC Boards Impotent Poster of the Year! Keep up the good work (thumbs u