• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using Ebay "Feedback Left For Others" to Increase Your Profile and Sales

118 posts in this topic

I normally end my feedback with "Enjoy the books" or "Enjoy whateverstuffyoujustbidonandwon" as a friendly little notion but is that perceived as self promotion? I only state the item generically and since there is very little communication now between buyer and seller, I thought it was a nice personal touch. But after seeing this thread perhas I am wrong.

For Christs's sake, the fact that you're leaving feedback on buyer's profiles to tell people what you have sold as opposed to how quickly someone paid/didn't pay/pissed you off is hardly going to affect your 'profile', let alone your sales.

If you think people on here are going to be bothered enough to report you for trying to spam yourself across other eBay users, they won't, because it affects them about the same as your useless feedback affects your 'profile'.

Hope you succeed in getting this waste of a thread closed :wishluck:

For Christs's sake, the fact that you're leaving feedback on buyer's profiles to tell people what you have sold as opposed to how quickly someone paid/didn't pay/pissed you off is hardly going to affect your 'profile', let alone your sales.

If you think people on here are going to be bothered enough to report you for trying to spam yourself across other eBay users, they won't, because it affects them about the same as your useless feedback affects your 'profile'.

Hope you succeed in getting this waste of a thread closed :wishluck:

couldn't agree more I've just wasted 30 minutes of my life on this nonsense of a thread and I wouldn't waste any more of my time buying from a seller leaving feedback like yours!

Scumbag? Definitely

If you describe someone who leaves "unconventional" feedback as a "scumbag", what adjective would you use to describe who speeds when they drive?

One man's unconventional is another man's liar.

OK. My apologies to everyone for who was offended by my actions and are offended by me.

I invite all interested parties to petition to Ebay to have my transgressions corrected.

Really.

I mean, you guys are quick to condemn.

Are you as quick to help rectify what you condemn?

I'm really, really surprised that you just can't see why this is poor form.

It's...at best...confusing and weird. At worst, it's deceptive, and designed to make your profile...and by extension, you...look better than it really is.

If you need to rely on lies to sell....well...you are certainly free to do what you like....but you really can't understand why this is not a god thing for you?

Nah, much easier to just block you on ebay (thumbs u

Actually - the time it takes you to post here condemning my behavior is the same time it takes you to email Ebay about the same.

So - you can sit around here and complain and think you are cool complaining.

But you don't walk the walk.

:eyeroll:

It is no one's responsibility to make sure you behave yourself on eBay except you and eBay.

Pointing out that you're doing something questionable is not "complaining"...it's pointing out that you're doing something questionable.

Your attempt to pass the moral buck is fascinating, though.

Yep. It's what's keeping me reading this bizarro thread. The whole thing was such a non-starter to begin with that the only conclusion to be drawn from it is that the OP must be some kind of masochist for wanting to keep the thread going.

Anyways - I'm going to request to the mods that this thread be deleted.

BTW - it did benefit some of you, since you now realize the importance of viewing other's "Feedback left for others".

It benefited all of those who will now avoid you on Ebay, so thank you (thumbs u

Yep. It's what's keeping me reading this bizarro thread. The whole thing was such a non-starter to begin with that the only conclusion to be drawn from it is that the OP must be some kind of masochist for wanting to keep the thread going.

Yeah, it's what keeps me coming back too. He honestly doesn't know WHY it's wrong.

I didn't read through the whole stupid thread, but I did click on his link and noticed he has only 96 feedbacks himself in almost 10 years on eBay, and hasn't sold anything since October. That's less than 10 transactions a year over the past decade. So yeah, this system is CLEARLY working for him... lol

robojo does this on his feedbacks. he leaves a response to the feedback left for him describing what he sold and for how much. seems to work for him, but then again he's a convicted felon who lies cheats and steals!

Well, the "convicted felon" part is a pretty significant and demonstrably objective difference between his behavior and mine.

So, you are admitting to lying, cheating, and stealing, just not being a convicted felon.

(thumbs u

-slym

You have been told this by pretty much 100% of the thread and refuse to accept it, so do what you want.

I have accepted a lot in this thread. I have accepted many specific claims and criticisms.

I don't accept many other things, such as:

1. comparisons to DD. If I am equivalent to DD, then please encourage Esquire to launch a lawsuit against me.

2. generic elementary-school insults.

Unlike those here that make broad-sweeping insults, at least I take responsibility for my actions.

But do they?

They sit around criticizing my behavior - but when confronted with the opportunity to do something about it, they choose not to.

Who then, is the most responsible now?

I have no idea whats going on in this thread, but at least I received some good publicity! (thumbs u :banana:

I think. hmlol

You have been told this by pretty much 100% of the thread and refuse to accept it, so do what you want.

I have accepted a lot in this thread. I have accepted many specific claims and criticisms.

I don't accept many other things, such as:

1. comparisons to DD. If I am equivalent to DD, then please encourage Esquire to launch a lawsuit against me.

2. generic elementary-school insults.

Unlike those here that make broad-sweeping insults, at least I take responsibility for my actions.

But do they?

They sit around criticizing my behavior - but when confronted with the opportunity to do something about it, they choose not to.

Who then, is the most responsible now?

I have no idea whats going on in this thread, but at least I received some good publicity! (thumbs u :banana:

I think. hmlol

:slapfight: