• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1700+ Double Cover collection being auctioned

97 posts in this topic

I won several books, none of which were at a huge premium. I think that double covers are a niche collectible within a niche field of collecting. But that doesn't stop me from bidding over guide on one that I really like. I think they are a fascinating part of this hobby.

:gossip: Who did win all these Double Covers? 1700 is allot of Double Covers someone must have droped a bundle on these. I bid on about 80 books myself and only won 3 :frustrated: I had hoped to get some of the books I traded Joe back in my collection but no luck. :( Most of the ones I was watching went pretty high if you ask me "at least more than I was willing to spend on them", my former 5 cover X-Men #250 just sold for $333.00 :o I would very much like to know who bought the Silver Age ASM books as I would like to try and do some trading with them if they are interested. :foryou:

Some highlights of the X-Men books auction. These are at least books that I suspect Joe did well on.

Ultimate X-Men 42 CGC 9.9/9.8 Mint $390

X-Men 67 9.4/9.2 $267

X-Men 94 6.0/3.5 $580 The post office lost the one I got on ebay, I wonder how many there are out there...

X-Men 115 9.2/9.0 $361

X-Men 125 9.6/9.4 $455

X-Men 139 9.4/9.2 $201

X-Men 277 9.4/9.0 $106

X-Men 148 9.2/8.0 $206

I won 6 books at a great premium too! At least there was no sniping at all in comic connects auction format! I hate being sniped at the last second! I am glad that Joe sold all these amazing books, I was always getting sniped by GIjoed on ebay for double cover books! E

I won 6 books at a great premium too! At least there was no sniping at all in comic connects auction format! I hate being sniped at the last second! I am glad that Joe sold all these amazing books, I was always getting sniped by GIjoed on ebay for double cover books! E

:applause:

Nice going.

I was bidding on a few myself. I let a triple, sextuple, quintuple and various doubles go. Did'nt bid too aggressively, I could have won them I reckon but I guess I was'nt 100% committed to owning them.

I did end up with a rather nice Quadruple and a very passable GA Double.

So I'm pleased with that.

Nice going.

I was bidding on a few myself. I let a triple, sextuple, quintuple and various doubles go. Did'nt bid too aggressively, I could have won them I reckon but I guess I was'nt 100% committed to owning them.

Shill. Bad Shill.

Nice going.

Shill. Bad Shill.

:troll:

Nice going.

Shill. Bad Shill.

Back for more, Goonie? Excellent! :banana:

Nice going.

Shill. Bad Shill.

Sorry, but F_T has a lot of credibility around here, as do the other British members.

Not because this is a boy's club, or because anyone wants to exclude someone here but because they've built their credibility and friendships one transaction and one friend at a time.

Nick has a pretty impeccable record around here and when he speaks it's usually because he's right.

I'm going to have to side with them on this.

Shill.

Some highlights of the X-Men books auction. These are at least books that I suspect Joe did well on.

Ultimate X-Men 42 CGC 9.9/9.8 Mint $390

X-Men 67 9.4/9.2 $267

X-Men 94 6.0/3.5 $580 The post office lost the one I got on ebay, I wonder how many there are out there...

X-Men 115 9.2/9.0 $361

X-Men 125 9.6/9.4 $455

X-Men 139 9.4/9.2 $201

X-Men 277 9.4/9.0 $106

X-Men 148 9.2/8.0 $206

Did you win these books? :gossip:

I won the ASM #257 in 9.8, a Fredom Fighters #2 and Spider-Man Unlimited #1. :cloud9:

my former 5 cover X-Men #250 just sold for $333.00 :o

I picked that book up. Pre-auction it had been offered to me for $1000.

Loved it since cosmic spider-man first posted it. It was one of a handful of books that I had to have.

Nice going.

Shill. Bad Shill.

Sorry, but F_T has a lot of credibility around here, as do the other British members.

Not because this is a boy's club, or because anyone wants to exclude someone here but because they've built their credibility and friendships one transaction and one friend at a time.

Nick has a pretty impeccable record around here and when he speaks it's usually because he's right.

Shill.

Very well r2d2, have it your own way, welcome to your club. I promise to have a membership card done for you asap. (thumbs u

Copyofobsession.jpg

Nice going.

Shill. Bad Shill.

Shill.

Very well r2d2, have it your own way, welcome to your club. I promise to have a membership card done for you asap. (thumbs u

You do know that absolutely nobody is buying your dog & pony show anymore, don't you? lol

Loved it since cosmic spider-man first posted it. It was one of a handful of books that I had to have.

Congrat on picking it up! Did you get anything else?

Congrat on picking it up! Did you get anything else?

I did ALOT of buying. Will show most all of it when they arrive. Here's a small and random sample:

mar33.45a.jpg

and this book which has blank pages inside.

rob13.1a.jpg

And this copy of Six Gun Heroes #58 manufactured with the wrong cover.

six1.19a.jpg

I won the ASM #257 in 9.8, a Fredom Fighters #2 and Spider-Man Unlimited #1. :cloud9:

You didn't have a double cover Spider-Man Unlimited #1? I thought everyone had one of those :shy:

:golfclap:

:) Yea I did already have a copy of Spider-Man Unlimited #1 with a Double Cover. I really did not expect to win that one or the Fredom Fighters #2 but I guess no one else really wanted those two. I already had a ASM #257 also but mine is not near as nice as this one. :cool: