• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

Hate to sully these purty books following up with mine, but here it is: (on it's way to CGC at the moment)

<a  href=CGC024small.jpg' alt='CGC024small.jpg'>

the peek at the pages look nice (thumbs u

looks like the one asking $50k was yanked today...not one stinky offer at $25k or above.

Hey Guys, As people who this book, I was just wondering what your take on this was (shrug)

Should I grade My X-men #1

Get it graded. It would present well and preserve it. I think it will come back a .5 or possibly a 1.0 if complete. (thumbs u

It's Complete and I'm not expecting it would come back more than a 1.0 and even feel it may come back a .5 as said. I just want to have it presented well and preserved so that no more damage occurs. I'm just always tempted to get it out lol

Hey Guys, As people who this book, I was just wondering what your take on this was (shrug)

Get it graded. It would present well and preserve it. I think it will come back a .5 or possibly a 1.0 if complete. (thumbs u

It's Complete and I'm not expecting it would come back more than a 1.0 and even feel it may come back a .5 as said. I just want to have it presented well and preserved so that no more damage occurs. I'm just always tempted to get it out lol

I agree...It's such fun to touch and look at :eyeroll:, but let's take care of it okay. lol

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Unless you're looking to sell it, why entomb it so that you can't hold it, look through it, and smell it? A 4 mil mylar with a fullback will preserve it at least as well as a CGC slab for decades to come.

Unless you're looking to sell it, why entomb it so that you can't hold it, look through it, and smell it? A 4 mil mylar with a fullback will preserve it at least as well as a CGC slab for decades to come.

I'm not too bothered about th (shrug) e money factor, the spine of the cover is so brittle that I feel it will fall apart everytime i handle it so i'm not really getting the benifits you mentions any way. I want to preserve it as is really but in some way I am with yyou but in others i'm not and thats why i'm being so undecisive

I'm not too bothered about th (shrug) e money factor, the spine of the cover is so brittle that I feel it will fall apart everytime i handle it so i'm not really getting the benifits you mentions any way. I want to preserve it as is really but in some way I am with yyou but in others i'm not and thats why i'm being so undecisive

Hey Gary, I know how much you love the X-Men and that book - get it slabbed and you won't be able to do anymore damage to it. Then when you do upgrade it's already slabbed so you can liquidate it quicker (thumbs u

Neil