• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,536 posts in this topic

Updated

9.4 ow - 11/09 Mound Auction - $106,050

9.4 ow/w - 2/10 CL auction - $101,002

9.4 ow/w - 4/10 Pedigree - $100,000

9.4 - ow 5/10 CL auction - $105,521

9.2 cr/ow 2/11 CL auction - ?

9.2 ow/w - 8/10 CL auction - $49,000

9.2 ow - comiclink marketplace sale 8/10 - sold same day listed - $57,500

9.2 - Pedigree - $55,000 (1/10)

9.2 - 2/10 CL auction - $47,177

9.2 - 6/10 QualityComix - $48,000

9.0 - ow - 1/11 Pedigree auction - $24,751

9.0 - ow/w - 1/11 CL auction - $24,100

9.0 - ow - PRIVATE SALE - $28,500

9.0 - ow 11/10 Heritage auction - $28,680..same price as the one in 8/10

9.0 - ow/w 8/10 Heritage auction - $28,680...coincidently the same price this book exchanged hands back on 5/09 at Heritage...what the odd of that heh?

9.0 - ow - 5/10 CL auction - $22,849

9.0 - ow - QualityComix 4/10 auction - $26,100 reserve not met

9.0 ow - 3/10 CL sale - $27,950

9.0 ow, date stamp on cover - 1/10 CL auction - $22,507 (1/10)

9.0 cr/ow - Ebay - 3/10 - $25,100 same book as the one right below..nice flip for Adams

9.0 cr/ow - CL sale - $22,000 (1/10)

8.5 ow - 11/10 CL auction - $12,750

8.5 ow/w - CL 6/10 auction - $12,506

8.5 ow - 1/10 CL auction - $12,575 (1/10) mine, going to a good home I hope. It has been with me since 2003 but it is time to let it go.

8.5 ow - 9/09 CL auction - $12,053

8.5 ow/w - 2/10 Qualitycomix auction - $11,350

8.5 - 2/10 CL auction - $14,350

8.0 - ow 11/10 CL auction - $9,800

8.0 ow 8/10 CL sale - $11,000

8.0 - ow 7/10 CL auction - $11,200

8.0 - ow 5/10 CL auction - $9,600

8.0 - 2/10 CL auction - $9,955

8.0 ow/w - 3/10 CL auction - $13,038

7.5 ow - 11/10 CL auction - $6,100

7.0 WHITE - 1/10 CL - $5,800

6.5 cr/ow - 1/11 CL auction - $3,150

6.5 ow/w - 11/10 CL auction - $3,200

6.5 ow/w - 9/10 CL auction - $3900

6.5 ow/w - 4/10 CL - $3900

6.0 ow - PRIVATE SALE - $2,800

6.0 cr/ow - 9/10 CL auction - $2.617

6.0 ow - 7/10 Heritage Sunday auction - $2,493

6.0 ow/w - 2/10 CL auction - $3,333

6.0 ow/w - 2/10 private board sale - $3100

5.5 ow - 11/10 CL auction - $2,200

5.5 ow/w - CL 6/10 auction - $2,088

5.5 ow - 8/09 CL sale - $2500

5.5 cr.ow - 8/09 CL sale - $2625

5.0 ow - 5/10 CL auction - $1,833

5.0 ow - 12/09 CL sale - $2000

4.5 ow - 7/10 CL auction = $1,512

4.0 ow/w - CL 6/10 auction - $1,345

4.0 - 1/10 CL auction - $1,300

3.5 ow/w - 1/11 private board sale - $989

3.0 - ow/w -1/11 CL auction - $907

3.0 - 2/10 CL auction - $901

3.0 ow/w - 2/10 Qualitycomix auction - $801

2.0 - 5/10 boardies - $800

2.0 - cr/ow 8/10 CL auction - $715

Edited by etanick

Nice list Nick! Thanks (worship)

You know what really strikes about that list? There is only ONE white pages book and NONE in high grade! That's pretty shocking to me.

Are there that few white pages #1's or are people just not selling the white pagers? Do any of you guys know about how many of the say 6.0's and above in the census have white pages? Is there a way to check that?

You know what really strikes about that list? There is only ONE white pages book and NONE in high grade! That's pretty shocking to me.

Are there that few white pages #1's or are people just not selling the white pagers? Do any of you guys know about how many of the say 6.0's and above in the census have white pages? Is there a way to check that?

this book was posted earlier in this thread last year but I saved the image

FantasticFour posted it and according to him, all the 9.6 and 9.8 are white pagers. I don't recall seeing a 9.0 to 9.4 in white pages in the past 2 years...at least not in any of the auctions or Ebay. As far as checking the rest, the only way i know is to use GPA and gets all the cert # and then check them one by one...too much hassle for me :P I

x19.6white.jpg

Edited by etanick

FantasticFour posted it and according to him, all the 9.6 and 9.8 are white pagers. I don't recall seeing a 9.0 to 9.4 in white pages in the past 2 years...at least not in any of the auctions or Ebay. As far as checking the rest, the only way i know is to use GPA and gets all the cert # and then check them one by one...too much hassle for me :P I

x19.6white.jpg

For some reason X1 has was been easy to find in ow/w pages and white pages...must be the good paper. On the other hand, AF15 is less common in white pages.

x19.6white.jpg

WOW! That is an INSANE book! Thats FantasticFours book?!? (worship)

It does seem that there is an inordinate amount of ow/w X1's but i cant remember ever seeing a white pages one. I really thought my 8.5 had a chance at white but it came back ow/w. I think on a resub, i would have close to a 50/50 shot at getting white. I could never do it though since theres WAY too high a chance it comes back a 8.0 the 2nd time around. No way imo i could ever get a 9.0 so the grade could only stay the same or go down. Not worth the risk for a PQ bump but seeing that list, it sure would be nice to have a 8.5w!

x19.6white.jpg

It does seem that there is an inordinate amount of ow/w X1's but i cant remember ever seeing a white pages one. I really thought my 8.5 had a chance at white but it came back ow/w. I think on a resub, i would have close to a 50/50 shot at getting white. I could never do it though since theres WAY too high a chance it comes back a 8.0 the 2nd time around. No way imo i could ever get a 9.0 so the grade could only stay the same or go down. Not worth the risk for a PQ bump but seeing that list, it sure would be nice to have a 8.5w!

The Xmen 1 PC W pages now resides in a 9.8 holder. You can see the book in Pedigree's Vault. Was slabbed as a 9.6 without the Pacific Coast designation. Schmell managed to convince CGC that this book and others not sold by Pacific Comic Exchange were also part of the Pacific Coast Collection.

My copy has White pages... :cloud9::acclaim:

xmen1-1.jpg[/img]

x19.6white.jpg

The Xmen 1 PC W pages now resides in a 9.8 holder. You can see the book in Pedigree's Vault. Was slabbed as a 9.6 without the Pacific Coast designation. Schmell managed to convince CGC that this book and others not sold by Pacific Comic Exchange were also part of the Pacific Coast Collection.

This book is now in a 9.8 holder?

x19.6white.jpg

XMen-1-98(PC).jpg

x19.6white.jpg

XMen-1-98(PC).jpg

Did the Pacific Coast collection have in some instances multiple copies of certain issues?

x19.6white.jpg

XMen-1-98(PC).jpg

Did the Pacific Coast collection have in some instances multiple copies of certain issues?

To answer some questions:

The Xmen 1 Wht Pages 9.6 , 9.8 is from the Pacific Coast Collection. There were 2 Xmen 1's in 9.6. One with White Pages the other OW to W.

The were multiples of many books purchased from the OO that he did not sell to Rob Roter.

I slabbed this X men 1 9.6 - 9.8 and am probably one of the few people to see it out of the holder. I also read the book!

The cover of the Xmen 1 is translucent and appears oily, if that makes sense to you all. After I received it I sent it to a friend of mine to look at to see if I should keep it or send it back. When he offerred to buy it, I kept it.

The Pacific Coast 9.6 Wht now 9.8 was held side by side with the 9.8 Curator copy. No comparision the Curator is by far a nicer book.

If you like Oily, Translucent, Off White Covers and a structually near perfect book.

This might be for you. Those scans have been lightened as the cover doesn't look that white in hand from what I remember or it could be the screen on my laptop.

Best

You slabbed it when it went into a 9.6 holder? And when you mentioned "oily" looking, you meant raw, preslabbed?

I would love to see the curator copy if it is better looking than the PC copy.

Thanks for your input.

x19.6white.jpg

XMen-1-98(PC).jpg

To answer some questions:

The Xmen 1 Wht Pages 9.6 , 9.8 is from the Pacific Coast Collection. There were 2 Xmen 1's in 9.6. One with White Pages the other OW to W.

The were multiples of many books purchased from the OO that he did not sell to Rob Roter.

I slabbed this X men 1 9.6 - 9.8 and am probably one of the few people to see it out of the holder. I also read the book!

The cover of the Xmen 1 is translucent and appears oily, if that makes sense to you all. After I received it I sent it to a friend of mine to look at to see if I should keep it or send it back. When he offerred to buy it, I kept it.

The Pacific Coast 9.6 Wht now 9.8 was held side by side with the 9.8 Curator copy. No comparision the Curator is by far a nicer book.

If you like Oily, Translucent, Off White Covers and a structually near perfect book.

This might be for you. Those scans have been lightened as the cover doesn't look that white in hand from what I remember or it could be the screen on my laptop.

Best

That is a great story. It harkens back to a different time. Now almost every thing is bought at auction in slabs. Then you could hold the books. God forbid you could even read them. You could compare a Rolls Royce to an Aston Martin and make a choice. It would be awesome to see them in person side by side.

Dealers have such an advantage in this.

Updated

9.4 ow - 11/09 Mound Auction - $106,050

9.4 ow/w - 2/10 CL auction - $101,002

9.4 ow/w - 4/10 Pedigree - $100,000

9.4 - ow 5/10 CL auction - $105,521

9.2 cr/ow 2/11 CL auction - $44,000

9.2 ow/w - 8/10 CL auction - $49,000

9.2 ow - comiclink marketplace sale 8/10 - sold same day listed - $57,500

9.2 - Pedigree - $55,000 (1/10)

9.2 - 2/10 CL auction - $47,177

9.2 - 6/10 QualityComix - $48,000

9.0 - ow - 1/11 Pedigree auction - $24,751

9.0 - ow/w - 1/11 CL auction - $24,100

9.0 - ow - PRIVATE SALE - $28,500

9.0 - ow 11/10 Heritage auction - $28,680..same price as the one in 8/10

9.0 - ow/w 8/10 Heritage auction - $28,680...coincidently the same price this book exchanged hands back on 5/09 at Heritage...what the odd of that heh?

9.0 - ow - 5/10 CL auction - $22,849

9.0 - ow - QualityComix 4/10 auction - $26,100 reserve not met

9.0 ow - 3/10 CL sale - $27,950

9.0 ow, date stamp on cover - 1/10 CL auction - $22,507 (1/10)

9.0 cr/ow - Ebay - 3/10 - $25,100 same book as the one right below..nice flip for Adams

9.0 cr/ow - CL sale - $22,000 (1/10)

8.5 - ow/w - private sale - $14,000

8.5 ow - 11/10 CL auction - $12,750

8.5 ow/w - CL 6/10 auction - $12,506

8.5 ow - 1/10 CL auction - $12,575 (1/10) mine, going to a good home I hope. It has been with me since 2003 but it is time to let it go.

8.5 ow - 9/09 CL auction - $12,053

8.5 ow/w - 2/10 Qualitycomix auction - $11,350

8.5 - 2/10 CL auction - $14,350

8.0 - ow 11/10 CL auction - $9,800

8.0 ow 8/10 CL sale - $11,000

8.0 - ow 7/10 CL auction - $11,200

8.0 - ow 5/10 CL auction - $9,600

8.0 - 2/10 CL auction - $9,955

8.0 ow/w - 3/10 CL auction - $13,038

7.5 ow - 11/10 CL auction - $6,100

7.0 WHITE - 1/10 CL - $5,800

6.5 cr/ow - 1/11 CL auction - $3,150