• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-1 star Ebay rating--didnt think it was poss

83 posts in this topic

Just for grins, I check the feedback given by the guy who neged him. He looks like he enjoys hammering people with negative feedback. I'd probably avoid both seller and buyer.

Love the screen name. Between this guy, the cast of "Jersey Shore", and any Tony Danza character from the last 30 years we are never going to shake the stereotype...are we?

Just for grins, I check the feedback given by the guy who neged him. He looks like he enjoys hammering people with negative feedback. I'd probably avoid both seller and buyer.

See, now....this is the problem that eBay was trying to avoid when they removed the ability of sellers to leave negative feedback.

The guy's got 2 negatives and 4 neutrals as a seller, in an overall profile score of 723, and nearly 7 years on eBay. His DSRs, while not perfect, are still very high, a 4.7, and 4.8s the rest.

Yeah, he looks like a hothead, but did you check out the POSITIVES he left?

When he's happy, he leaves GLOWING feedback. And his positives left outnumber his negs left by a staggering 46 to 1.

This is what toolhaus...God bless Win....doesn't tell you.

Yes, he comes across as a dack. Granted. But are you really going to say that there aren't legions and legions of scumbags on eBay that deserve every neg they get...? I checked his negs left, and lo and behold, found at least 2 sellers who were total screwups...one being WizardUniverse, who couldn't tell their arse from a hole in the ground, and literally changed their entire staff in their sales department FOUR TIMES in the three months I bought from them in 2007 (spending $4K in the process). :insane:

We complain about overgrading, lying, cheating, profiteering, restoration-non-disclosing sellers, but when someone actually has the balls to actively neg sellers who don't make him satisfied, you say he "looks like he enjoys hammering people with negative feedback."

Damned if you do....damned if you don't.

How do you block a user? That buyer is going on my blocked list. He negged someone for requiring tracking on an item. A neg over 80 cents, 80 cents that help protect the buyer and the seller :screwy:

He did?

You mean this one?

" iconNeg_16x16.gif Excessive shipping rates and tracking charge forced by their checkout system. "

If so, I don't think it says what you think it says.

(I'm not him, btw. ;) )

How do you block a user? That buyer is going on my blocked list. He negged someone for requiring tracking on an item. A neg over 80 cents, 80 cents that help protect the buyer and the seller :screwy:

He did?

You mean this one?

" iconNeg_16x16.gif Excessive shipping rates and tracking charge forced by their checkout system. "

(I'm not him, btw. ;) )

His other neg was left because of a $4 overcharge on shipping. I would be pissed if that happened to me. I don't have a postal scale and usually don't even package my items until they sell. I guess when it comes to shipping, or I make it free. If I'm off by four bucks in the buyers favor I eat it, if I'm off by four bucks in my favor then OOPS, it's an auction, don't bid more than you want to pay. Unless it was a hidden charge not advertised in the sale, then he was quick with the neg.

He did?

You mean this one?

(I'm not him, btw. ;) )

His other neg was left because of a $4 overcharge on shipping. I would be pissed if that happened to me. I don't have a postal scale and usually don't even package my items until they sell. I guess when it comes to shipping, or I make it free. If I'm off by four bucks in the buyers favor I eat it, if I'm off by four bucks in my favor then OOPS, it's an auction, don't bid more than you want to pay. Unless it was a hidden charge not advertised in the sale, then he was quick with the neg.

If the charge was $9.99 (it was), and actual postge was only $4.13, an overcharge of $5.86, I'd be pretty annoyed. Anytime the charge is more than double the actual postage, that's annoying, unless it's obvious you got your money's worth in "handling."

I wouldn't leave a neg, but the seller probably was trying to make money on the back end.

I don't have a postal scale and usually don't even package my items until they sell.

I bought a scale from "justpoundsandounces" on Ebay and am pretty happy with it. They have a fairly terrible toolhaus rating, so maybe I got lucky. I would recommend you get a scale, though.